Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys help? I,m trying to rebuild an old MEC Versamec, but do not know which version it is? I need parts, but cannot order any until I know which version I have. Shipping over to here is expensive, so I cannot afford to make a mistake. Thanks for reading this...... Dave

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Can you guys help? I,m trying to rebuild an old MEC Versamec, but do not know which version it is? I need parts, but cannot order any until I know which version I have. Shipping over to here is expensive, so I cannot afford to make a mistake. Thanks for reading this...... Dave
You can always call MEC. They have great customer service.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
700 VERSAMEC PARTS

VERSAMEC PARTS

they look the same to me you can compare
Hi John, the difference is at the deprime/resize station. Take a very close look at the support tube, they are different, have different part numbers, and MEC want 3 times the price of one against the other! Do not know why that is.............

·
Registered
258 Posts
And I thought the wad guide was the obvious difference.
Shows you what I know about MEC loaders.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi John, the difference is at the deprime/resize station. Take a very close look at the support tube, they are different, have different part numbers, and MEC want 3 times the price of one against the other! Do not know why that is.............
Do you have any of of the deprime parts? Ballistic Products website mentions one of the models has a support tube that is only threaded externally,while the other has both internal and external threading. MEC is usually helpful with info but they do not undercut their dealers in price(in my experience).

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I,ve spoken to MEC, they identify that this is definitely a Versamec 700, and it has the high price tag on the support tube. I guess that this is because the may have to fabricate one, as opposed to having the later model parts still in stock?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks. I,ve spoken to MEC, they identify that this is definitely a Versamec 700, and it has the high price tag on the support tube. I guess that this is because the may have to fabricate one, as opposed to having the later model parts still in stock?
Can you cross reference the part number with a similar part for a Mec 600? They look similar on the diagrams and 600 parts are more common over ere.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you cross reference the part number with a similar part for a Mec 600? They look similar on the diagrams and 600 parts are more common over ere.
Hi Dan, it,s the same part on a pre-1982 MEC 600. Need someone breaking one of these?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
The 700 and Versamec are the same loader. But they updated the knockout bushing and changed the resizing tube from inside threads to outside threads and part #51 bracket is different.
But it is not hard to change from one style to another.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts