Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's Mom passed a while back and the "girls" are cleaning up the old house getting it ready to put on the market. They found these two things in the kitchen. I said you guys would know what they are.

·
Registered
27 Posts
the first one is used to take tight screw on lids off jars and the second one is used to mash potatoes and what ever else you might want to massh when cooking

·
Banned
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang, 14 minutes! I told 'em you guys were good!

Thanks from the "girls."

Best regards,

Kit

·
Banned
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rick,

Don't screw the pooch. At least for the time being, they think you guys hung the moon. :)

·
Registered
14,903 Posts
It appears that maybe the bail on the item in the first picture will rotate on the handle, if so it may be used to lift hot jars from the pressure cooker to cool before sealing.

Second item may be used to push the meat down the tube on a meat grinder, just to save operators fingers.

Just a wild guess.

GneJ

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
The second picture shows a pestle on a decorative hanger. The wire is the hanger, and the loop at the top is where the nail or screw goes through into the wall. The pestle is used in making jam. You push the fruit through a sieve with it, trapping seeds and other unwanted material, and allowing the fruit and juices to flow to the cooking container. My wife has one in her jam making gear.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The second one is what the Germans named their grenades after in WW2. At least our guys called them potato masher grenades.

·
Registered
14,688 Posts
Old German tools for husband discipline. The first one is used to hold the him, and the second one is used to beat him.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Old folks are a bit slower thinking ... because we know so much!

http://newoldage.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/01/27/the-older-mind-may-just-be-a-fuller-mind/?_php=true&_type=blogs&nl=health&emc=edit_hh_20140128&_r=0

1 - 13 of 13 Posts