Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just acquired 2 Pacific 266 machines, they were new old stock, in original boxes. A 20g, and a .410 g. I thought I could load 2 3/4" & 3" on the 20g, and 2 12" & 3" on the .410...Not so. You have to have another crimp die body for 3" cases ! So I contacted Hornady, gave the correct part numbers, only to be told they are out of stock, and will not be re-stocking in the future. The DL-155 machine, and the DL-366 machine have the same part numbers, so I thought that Hornady would surely have these parts.
So I will have to get a machine shop to make me the parts. Expensive, but necessary.
Here is where you guys come in.....if you have the 3" conversion crimp body dies on your machines, could you give me the length of them? I don,t need any other dimensions... Thanks Dave

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have just acquired 2 Pacific 266 machines, they were new old stock, in original boxes. A 20g, and a .410 g. I thought I could load 2 3/4" & 3" on the 20g, and 2 12" & 3" on the .410...Not so. You have to have another crimp die body for 3" cases ! So I contacted Hornady, gave the correct part numbers, only to be told they are out of stock, and will not be re-stocking in the future. The DL-155 machine, and the DL-366 machine have the same part numbers, so I thought that Hornady would surely have these parts.
So I will have to get a machine shop to make me the parts. Expensive, but necessary.
Here is where you guys come in.....if you have the 3" conversion crimp body dies on your machines, could you give me the length of them? I don,t need any other dimensions... Thanks Dave
I do not have one,but it would seem they would need an extra 1/4". Or will it crimp with the present die?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yumpu has really blurry pics for instructions. Yes, crimp die bodies are listed as separate part numbers. Maybe you can do as nebs says. Part 390202 and 390203. Also look at wad guide for possible adjustments. part 390025. Do you have to pull the handle down all the way?. R you in UK?. Metric?. Give us a holler for powder and shot bushings. Powder bushings can also use an adapter for Mec bushings. Shot can use pacific hornady, ponsness warren, rcbs, spolar at about .998 of an inch. Powder I think is .875. Can you get inch barstock and drill hole?. Not sure of how you ship across pond. As always, avoid Daleks and ignore advice from Juan and Basil Fawlty.
Product Font Schematic Parallel Engineering
Product Font Rectangle Schematic Parallel
r
Product Blue Font Material property Rectangle

·
Premium Member
7,812 Posts
I guess the bigger question is how come they no longer make the 3" dies bodies for the 366. In the past year or so, I ordered a 3" 12 ga. crimp die body and they had it in stock. I wonder what's up with the 20 ga. and .410 bore.

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
I have the 3" parts from a DL-155, which I've rarely seen but the machine I originally got was one and had to be changed to a 2-3/4" set up. Odd task, but very good experience. Can ya use any of those parts?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Not sure what you mean out of sync...Does part#39021x crimp die body touch #3900xx shell holder when handle all the way down?. Maybe raise up and add 1/4 inch spacer around 20 ga hull and same 1/2 spacer for .410?. Station 1 and 2 should be the same, wad guide#390025 would need to be raised or different#390159 fabricated, starter crimp raised appropriately #392102 (possible issue?) and #39021x crimp die body raised?. I realize that #39021x is reamed deeper for longer hulls of the 3", but there must be a "workaround". I cant find clear dl266 instructions unfortunately on line.

·
Premium Member
7,812 Posts
Yes, but it throws the rest of the tooling out of sync...
Well, let's work thru that and figure out how to adjust the other dies so the flow smooths out.

The first operation should be deprime/resize? Any changes needed there?

2nd should be reprime, any thing not working there with the final crimp die adjusted upward?

3rd is powder charge, wad insertion and shot drop. Any changes needed there?

Next is precrimp, probably needs to go up.

Let us know how it goes. Maybe you don't need no stink'n 3" crimp die body...

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess the bigger question is how come they no longer make the 3" dies bodies for the 366. In the past year or so, I ordered a 3" 12 ga. crimp die body and they had it in stock. I wonder what's up with the 20 ga. and .410 bore.
They probably had a bigger stock of 366 parts.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the 3" parts from a DL-155, which I've rarely seen but the machine I originally got was one and had to be changed to a 2-3/4" set up. Odd task, but very good experience. Can ya use any of those parts?
Hi Jim, What is the length of the crimp body that you have The 20g, and .410g 3" crimp bodies should be the same length...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts