Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the clay world and am just getting back into shooting. Can anyone suggest a direction for me as I has a Borwning 525 sporting w/32" barrel. I have tried skeet and trap to get my lead down and am looking into sporting clay and 5-stand. I hit 16 of 25 skeet (singles) and 15 trap.

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
For a start, you can hit my website above download and printout the "Gun Holds" documents - pretty good stuff.

Also, I'd recommend watching a DVD of "Trapshooting with the Remington Pros." Although done in the 60's, it was done with a gun camera and its techniques are, in my opinion, some of the best ever.

I attribute my success at making the 27 yard line in a little over a year by following the instructions in that video.

There is a person here, MOTORDOC (Joe Rossman - I do have his email address I think), who sells that video. Someone at your club may already have it and, believe me, it is well worth the time to watch. There are other training videos more current, but I still believe this was one of the best ever made and it was free to the public done by several Remington Arms professional shooters.

We often let is run continuously at our club for new shooters to watch. It tells/shows correct gun hold position, leads, and very importantly, feet positioning.

Whiz White

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whiz thanks for the info. I don't belong to a club so will see if I can find the DVD

The best thing about shooting clay over golf is you hit something and don't have to chase after it

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
People at clubs are "usually" very friendly and would like to help. My suggestion would be either talk some up to give you some guidance or better yet, just take a one or two day course from a pro. It will be worth every penny.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.