Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to get the name of the man who bought a Purdey single barrel trap gun from Jaquas in Ohio in 1996, give or that a few years. I have ask Jaquas for the info and they say they can't give it out. I have no. 2 of a pair and the one that was sold to a man in Ill. is no.1 of my pair. They only thing they told me was that they did sell it to a man in Ill. Does anyone know of a gentlemen who shoots or did shoot a Purdey sbt? I would love to put this pair together again. Please email me if you have any info. I would love to make an offer on this gun but first I have to know who might have it. Thanks, Frank

·
Registered
509 Posts
Why don't you ask Jaqua's to broker the deal for you - if they know who the owner is, they could get in touch with him.

Sure, you'll have to pay them a commission, but trying to find a gun that changed hands 15 years ago by asking if anyone knows the gun or its owner is a needle-in-a-haystack proposition that's not much different from buying a lottery ticket - could work, but it won't.

Additionally, by using Jaqua's to broker the deal you get the benefit of Jaqua's knowledge of what the gun should sell for.

Ted K.

·
5,380 Posts
Ted offered an excellent strategy to consider!

Jay

·
Registered
126 Posts
Frank,

Would you post a picture of yours? I'd love to see a Purdey SBT and I'm sure others would too!

Thanks,
Pat

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
You can also contact Joe Hall at "matched pairs.com" in the UK. They have a reuniting service for pairs of British guns. They have a database of serial numbers and owner contact information.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
The interesting part is a matched pair of SBTs. Doubles, I understand, game shooting with a loader, etc. Multiple bbls on a SBT I understand, but matched pair?? I hope Frank finds no#1, it would be interesting to hear the rationale for this set!

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Put your contact info and reason on paper and put it in a anvelop with a stamp and ask them to put the address. They just might do it. I had to do that to find some classmates for a reunion and it worked.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Check the archives of James D. Julia Auctioneers. I seem to rember a Purdey SBT for sale about a year or two ago. I want to say that it fetched about 8-10K, you'll have to sort through confederate flags, slave tags, and a corn cob that was used by General Custer.......

BTW while we are looking for needles in a haystack.....still looking for DB81 ser# 57732 29 1/2" O/U IM/XF that was sold to Roger Jack around 2001-2003.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First, Thank you for all the replys. Ted K. That is a very good idea.I will contact Jaquas and see if that is possible. I am surprised that they did not think of this idea. Pat, I will try to take some pics over the weekend and get them posted. 8Bore, I know who you are talking about. I have two guns with him now, looking for their twins and I will send him this one also. Thanks, Auctioneer, We did send a letter from Jaquas to the person that bought the gun back in 1996 but did not get a reply. I don't know if they still own it, don't want to sell it and don't want to talk to anybody about the gun. That is why I am trying my best with other ways of maybe finding it. Thanks. Euro Joe, The reason according to the letters I have from Purdey is Mr. Graves wanted two matching guns with different chokes. He did not want to bother with changing barrels, just change guns. He was a very rich man. Thanks. Little Gambler, The gun that was at James Julia was the gun I own now. It is the gun I am looking for it's twin. Thanks again for all your help. Frank

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Gee, I was hoping you'd find it too, if only to get the information for you if #1 was not available. It's sitting out there in someone's closet. Maybe Bill Grill needs to check his inventory, I thought he'd remember where he put it. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.