Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My perazzi single barrel mx10rs is stuck in the open position, with a snap cap under the ejector. Need advice on how to get it out. Thanks in advance. Milt

·
Perazzi MX10RS
2,013 Posts
Do as Jack says, just do NOT try to torque or pry on the ejector! You can snip a notch in the lip of the snap cap enough so it can be pulled past the ejector with ease.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
The other possibility is that the ejector is worn and is allowing the snapcap or a live round to slip past it.
I know this as my MX-8 has this happen once in a while and will be sent to Don Rackley for new ejector soon.
Paul in Virginia

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
And when this happens,I remove forend,then barrel then remove snapcap or live round by using a thin blade as a shoehorn to slip past ejector.
The same cap or shell CANNOT slip behind ejector in my other MX-8,so I know its a worn ejector.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I had similar occurrence last year and it turned out the ejector was worn. Once you get the snap cap out recommend you replace the ejector and the spring that drives it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jack, can you tell me how to Jimmie the snap cap back over the ejector? There isn't any space forward of the rim of the snap cap. Thanks again, milt

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
My perazzi single barrel mx10rs is stuck in the open position, with a snap cap under the ejector. Need advice on how to get it out. Thanks in advance. Milt
I have removed shells by cutting off the shoulder of the shell with wire cutters and rotating the shell until it comes free. Have also hack sawed the shell base off if there is enough room to get the blade behind the ejector. DON'T force it. ejectors are expensive.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Might be able to slip a rod down the barrel and push the snap cap back enough to work on it easier. (after removing the forearm and barrel from the receiver)(should be able to grind the snap cap rim completely off with a dremel if needed from there).

·
Premium Member
5,875 Posts
You can slip it by using a screwdriver or anything similar. Apply pressure to ejector side of snap cap and ease it by. Pivot of barrel.

·
Registered
436 Posts
How are y'alls extractors worn? Are they warped a bit, the lip worn? I just cannot imagine it. One of my OU's has about 140K rounds through it and I have never had this problem. I did have a sub-gauge tube set that the 20 gauge had aluminum extractors that had to be replaced. Once replaced with steel, no more issues.

·
Registered
777 Posts
It could be that its time to replace the ejector. I had to have the lower ejector in my Mirage O/U a few years back as it slipped over some shells.
I think at that point it had shot over 200K as I purchased it used with over 125 K through it. I was able to get a local gunsmith to cut the rim in the new ejector and then I replaced the ejector springs in both upper and lower barrels.
It could also be that the snap cap rim is worn.
Devonian.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ejector (original part) lip was slightly rounded over. Gun is 17 yrs old. I stopped counting firing rounds after exceeding 300K.
Good Shooting
Gavin
I can understand this. As noted, one of my OU's has close to 140k rounds but still has no extactor or ejector issues.

Good luck.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts