Trapshooters Forum banner

Help...K32 Doubles

2588 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  RSVP410
I have a K32 with original trigger that recently started to double. It does this almost every time now. I have heard that this might be a common problem.
Does anyone know about the cause and if it would it a "do it yourself" repair? Can anyone recommend a good Krieghoff gunsmith in the SE Michigan area?

Thanks,
Scott
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
315 Posts
If you mean it "fan-fires" it is a common problem. D
"Doubling" is rare. The former is when the second barrel fires as a result of the recoil of the first; the latter is when both fire at the same time. Fan firing is usually the result of a problem with the inertia block and can be fixed by any Krieghoff gunsmith. Mike Young is good. - Brad

· Registered
77 Posts
Agreed, sounds like an inertia block issue - perhaps a bad spring on the inertia block - or a mis-alignment of the block itself. Probably 30 minutes to fix including removal of the stock...

· Registered
2,981 Posts
Fan-firing is not slang. Fan-firing is the result of pulling the trigger twice. The second shot occurs from the gun recoiling back from the shoulder and bumping into the trigger finger. Doing a search on youtube.com, and you can find a lot of videos of people fan-firing handguns. You would think they were shooting fully automatic weapons.

Doubling is the result of the gun firing twice with one pull of the trigger.

You may have a broken axle spring. This will allow part# 783 to rest between both of the sears. Then, while pulling the trigger, both sears get pushed. It also could be a bad sear and hammer engagement.

Doug

· Registered
3,593 Posts
Mine has doubled a couple of times and it's been from having the barrel selector roughly in the middle; between over or under position. I have a tendancy to bump the selector when assembling, breaking down, or just packing the gun around. Try moving the selector back and forth a couple of times and firmly setting it on your preferred O or U barrel first setting firmly and give it a try even without shells first.....Bob Dodd

· Premium Member
10,641 Posts
Thats correct about the barrel selector- make sure it is to one side

Now also be careful- I would not do any gunsmithing on this myself- send it to a Krieghoff repair facility

The one I use is in Wells Mn- Pats gunrepair or ottsville

regards from Iowa

Gene

· Registered
3,828 Posts
take the stock off and clean it good first, dirty sears will do this. These guns do not like trigger pull lower than 3, 3.5 lbs. Trying to get to 2# is just asking for trouble.

· Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of the input on this problem. I'm sure this is a doubling problem as it occurs with a firm mount and hard single trigger pull. The interals had been cleaned not too long ago so, it must be something more serious. I think I'll give Mr. Allor a call.

Thanks again,
Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.