1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,483 Posts
Looks like it has a crank starter??

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
Dissecting the picture is can be surmised the truck is a Ford for it is clad in classic black paint.

I think your guesstimate is quite accurate for Ford was the first to produce a truck and they introduced the pickup in 1925.

·
Registered
388 Posts
This photo is of my Dad when he was about 6-8 years old; that would be about 1926-28. If I knew for sure the age of the truck he is sitting on, it would help establish the date. What can some of you tell me about the truck?

Scott Hanes
Scott

I'm no Model T expert but a little internet exploring leads me to believe this is a 1922 Ford Model TT with a aftermarket C-Cab installed. Prior to 1924 all Ford Model TT were built and delivered with no cabs or bodies, those were supplied by coachbuilders or built by the owners. As a data point top speed on that truck was 20 MPH due to it's weight and gearing.

Dennis

·
Registered
52 Posts
Scott,
First of all that's a handsome young man, and a nice Jack Russel with him.
There are some trucks that look like this in my area, and they are a Ford.
OH, THATS A GREAT PIC, thanks for sharing.
Best,
Breakemall
Western North Carolina

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Probably a Model T Ford truck ( As posted above I think they were called TT models.) I have only seen a couple of them in my entire lifetime. Not many of the Model T variants left now and that model is certainly rare I am sure. Great picture and memories.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for the comments on the photo...it is one of my favorites. Like so many of his generation, my Dad, Howard, served in WW-II. He was shipped out to the Pacific theater and stayed out there for 3-1/2 years, never coming home on leave! I asked him once why not and his reply was, "because I would not have gone back". He was my hero and unfortunately died of a heart attack at age 66; way too early.

Scott Hanes

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Close, for sure. It appears this one has a RH steering wheel, but tough to see if the guy is the driver. May be a passenger. Funny old telephone number: Call 232.

My family's truck was heavily used for threshing with a Baker Steam engine. The truck carried the water tank.

Scott Hanes

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Right you are, Don. Just think how many folks would have had a camera in the mid-20's!! Now we all have one on a hand-held device that takes high quality photos. There are Billions of photos sitting on phones!
Scott Hanes

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
That is one cool pic! No way would your dad believe it would be on a computer 90 years later. I tip my hat to his service and his love of this country. darn few in the news today would serve 3.5 days, let alone 3.5 years. Tough men........

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thank you for sharing a great picture and a snapshot into your family history!
Real life version of "The Little Rascals"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts