Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used stock for my son's BT-99
I've never seen a stock like this before, with the right hand side flat as a pancake.
There's no noticeable palm swell, or cast, but the flat side would be unshootable installed for a lefty, so I'm certain it's a right hand stock.
The butt pad matches the stock.
It's oval in shape, D shaped, matching the flat sided stock.
If this fit the BT-99, LOP would be short. I'm guessing it came off some kind of kid's gun.

Anyway, I was too busy to install the stock, when I finally got around to it, I noticed it doesn't match the BT-99.
Please take a quick look at these pics, and let me know if you can identify this stock?
IMG_20160713_053941.jpg IMG_20160713_053951.jpg IMG_20160713_054007.jpg IMG_20160713_054022.jpg IMG_20160713_054032.jpg

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
The bottom of the tang is not the shape of a BT-99. It has an inward curve, instead of an outward curve before the bottom point of the tang. Plus the bottom of the receiver is shorter, not longer on a BT-99. This stock has the longer part of the receiver being on the bottom.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Almost looks like someone too a rasp to one side of it and then refinished it. The checkering looks Remington.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,771 Posts
Looks like a Morgan pad and butt plate attached to a stockshop LOP unit attached to a Miroku stock, all work performed during amateur hour at the local Home Depot.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks similar to a 101 stock, how about a old browning superposed or citori stock?
Jason in PA
Looking at Google Images I'd have to agree, it certainly looks like a superposed. I'll have to try and find one to compare.
At this point I'm thinking the hardware might be salvageable, but the wood might be firewood

1 - 9 of 9 Posts