Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!! I think I

Ok, help me figure this out. You're standing in front of the kitchen sink. The valve lever that turns the water hot or cold is perpendicular to the faucet. Moving it to the rear of the sink makes the water hot. Pulling it to the front of the sink toward you makes it cold. I ask my wife, "is hot forward or is hot back?" She says "back is hot". To her, that means pushing the handle toward the back of the sink, hence "back". Am I the only one who finds her answer reversed?

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
It's away from you so has to be "back"

·
Registered
14,685 Posts
Unless the handle is facing the rear, then to bring it forward would be back to you!

She may not be right, but you're always wrong. Remember that.

·
Premium Member
18,797 Posts
What Setterman said. I.E.- Yes Dear. I know your right, Dear.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ask for a sign on the backsplash - Push handle here for hot water. Now, of course, you're going to be confused as to where the cold water movement should be. Hang a sign on your shirt - Pull handle this way to get cold water. What if you want warm water?

I don't know, I don't use the faucet.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
A friend who's a pilot has a sign on the dashboard of his plane that says "Push yoke forward & houses get bigger, pull yoke back & houses get smaller"

Eric

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I agree with your wife and others have suggested you should too. lol

However I can see your point of away from you is forward and pulling it back to you.

I guess it is a matter of perspective relative to you or relative to the sink.

Jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts