Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I just had a total hip replacement. I'm still walking with a walker and can't even drive. I have no way to board up my home. I simply can't do that kind of work yet!!!

Please send some prayers down here to help drive the storm farther to the east so that its effects will be minor for the both of us here. I feel totally helpless for the first time, and I don't like it. Again any prayers would be helpful. Thank You all in advance. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
29,328 Posts
Don't you have anybody down there that can help you?

Reactions: Pull & Mark

·
Premium Member
18,257 Posts
Jeff-Surely some one can help you. Prayers sent. Good Luck. Charlie

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I bet if you just reach out & ask for some local help you will get it & soon.........most people are more than willing to help someone in need! Good Luck to you!

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Jeff go to a local home depot & or lowes, there may be a contractor or 2 looking for a quick buck- or look under an over pass- you may find someone willing to work for a case of beer or two--Anyway-keep the faith & prayers sent

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Most of the kids in my neighborhood have all grown and moved away. The ones still living at home with mommy and daddy, are lets say----less than motivated to do any physical work that they don't have to. I have a 28 year old neighbor boy who has never worked a day in his life and collects from the gov. Getting him to do anything is like pulling teeth. If the storm does not change eastward by tonight or first thing in the morning, I'll have to ask him what we can do. Having to Live without A/C and power for several days in my condition is another magnified problem as well. I just hope it turns to the east and we just get a bad tropical storm here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! break em all Jeff

I'm not the type to just sit around and do nothing and this is killing me!!! Sorry I had to vent!!! and thanks for any prayers!!!

·
Registered
29,328 Posts
Phil,

In his original post he said he cannot drive.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
Jeff,

I'll be praying for you and everybody else affected by this bad-ass storm. I'm not sure where you live, but the forecast I've seen shows landfall somewhere in North Carolina.

Here in Florida, it looks like some moderate wind and rain, especially along the east coast. Good Luck and God Bless!

·
Molon Labe
11,984 Posts
Prayers sent, there has to be someone who would do it for you, might have to search high and low

If I wqas closer I would but you are a long way away from N Texas

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
Saw the weather tonight...now they are putting it a little further to the west as it continues a northerly track.

50 - 100 miles one way or the other could make a huge difference in the damage done. Pray for those in its path.

·
Premium Member
8,015 Posts
I will be praying for you and be asking our Lord to diminish and move the storm off shore so you are out of harms way. But right now you need to take immediate action and do what you can. Contact the Fire Dept, or call an ambulance or 911, or even a taxi, to get you out of the danger zone. Don't wait, the phones could stop working, leave now! Your safety is paramount here, You have a little time don't waste it, stuff you can replace, or covered by insurance, or do without. You are in no condition to battle a hurricane, so it makes no sense in staying. May our merciful God keep you safe and send you the help you need right away.
Aloha One

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I'm reaching out to make the calls now!!! Can't wait anymore it looks like We're gonna get slammed. A special thanks to all above. break em all Jeff

UPDATE: I found someone to install my plywood on my windows. I helped some!!! I'm kinda sore right now but I'm all boarded up. I'll play with the garage door tonight when it cools back down and I'm less sore, I hope. Keep the prayers coming they are helping me though this, and hopefully keep the storm out to sea until it breaks up. break em all Jeff

PS Its 1:50 in the afternoon and it feels like midnight inside the house. Spooky even.

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Jeff,
Sorry I was going to send a couple guys to help you out but we won't have anyone in that area until Friday.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I live in east central florida, looks like it is coming right over us, Bad Ass storm!!
I have new hurricane windows, but i still put up the metal shutters.
Cocoa Beach will have wind gusts at 130 mph!!!!

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry I was going to send a couple guys to help you out but we won't have anyone in that area until Friday.
"GREAT" Send them over after 3 o'clock in the afternoon!!!! I can get them to take all the shutters down. This is going to work out good.--------I HOPE???? gulp!!!

Well I got the 2x4's screwed down to the concrete floor to keep the double wide garage door from being sucked outward and leaving the garage wide open to the winds and rain. I installed two 4x4 posts and secured them to the floor and the trusses on the ceiling. I'll clamp each section to the 4x4 to attach each panel to the post. That should hold up, since I don't have a hurricane rated garage door YET!!! Looks like everyone in the whole neighborhood has boarded up their homes. Except the fireman I have that lives next door. He has a stack of stuff on the side of his home and mine. Its separated by a fence, but I wonder how well the fence will even hold up.I hope that crap does not hit my cars???

Keep the prayers a coming you guys!!! Pray that the storm heads off to the EAST!!! All of us here in Florida and up the coast will need them. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
18,740 Posts
Don't take em down yet. Projections have the damn thing hooking around and hitting Florid-duh again.

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well Flashmax, I've got a news flash for Ya. How can you live in a home without any windows to open, and no A/C, and no fan's in 90 degree plus temps??? Add to that no cold drinks or cold food of any kind. A bag of Ice will triple or more in price at the local stores as well.

That and I hear Matthue should be a tropical storm when and if it circle's back on us. If so that's a walk in the park.

Now if we get real lucky and don't lose power, or only lose it for a short period of time. Well that makes all the difference. That's why I'm asking for some prayer action for us down here. Thanks again and break em all Jeff

1 - 20 of 51 Posts