Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a website where I can check on a possible criminal background, time spent in prison if applicable, etc?! Thanks, Tom Rhoads

·
Registered
125 Posts
You can probably go through your state police and do a limited check. Local schools, sheriff departments, local police, etc. can run the check; however, it will be limited. To do a complete check you need to go to a private agency and pay the appropriate fee, usually $35-50.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
The plave where I retired from had availability and the cost was not bad but I do not remember who or whht the software was. I used to be able to do it from my desk in seconds

·
Registered
16,612 Posts
Wisconsin has a website, maybe your state does too. I use it to screen tenants.

Google (your state) court records.

HM

·
Registered
62 Posts
Tom, I know you are distraught that Ray, Roger, and I beat your butt and took you for all your booze, but I hardly think that qualifies as criminal activity!

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
I, like HM, use the state website to screen tenants, but he does it in Wisconsin and I do it in Virginia. In Virginia, the site is set up by county. HM, I hope your screening has worked better than mine. I have had some really bad tenants the last couple of years.

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
I use a detective agency to screen tenants. They do a thorough criminal and financial background check, as well as provide a list of all previous residences and landlords. Then I get on the phone and call the previous landlords. Well worth the time and money spent!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Most cost $20.00+-

Sex offenders site is free. http://www.familywatchdog.us/

Google, Criminal background check

There are a lot of them out there Free?????

Rock

Jim

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all! At your suggestions, I found many sites but of course all had their fees! Tom Rhoads P.S. I felt violated by all my "buddies" who took advantage of me losing all my bets to them! Close to child abuse!

·
Premium Member
11,728 Posts
The fbi has a background check too.

I just had to go through that for my job over here in Africa.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.