Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know nothing about Brownings so maybe someone here can tell me the scoop. He's looking for a flush mount 3/8 choke for the 725. In real world terms I think that amounts to something like a lite mod. If any of you have actual numbers for the choke diameters that might be informative but I don't even know what the bore ID is on those things.
Well not to get to confusing here if you have some 3/8 or lite mods leads I'd appreciate it.

many thanx
Charlie

·
Registered
333 Posts
I believe that Briley Mfg. in TX USA sells chokes for browning's I am sure if you check out their web site you will find flush screw in chokes that will fit a 725.

·
Registered
10,184 Posts
Last time I bought any chokes I got great prices and like a flat 3-5 dollar packing fee (for one or more chokes) and with free shipping on chokes from Able Ammo in Huntsville, Texas. Not sure what their prices are like lately. You can also try Gamaliel.com in KY. for chokes. I know they charge for shipping though. break em all Jeff

Browning Invector DS chokes will fit the 725.

·
Registered
10,184 Posts
don't wwaste your money on browning tubes. buy aftermarket.
Just how??? Would One be wasting money by buying Brownings chokes???

Since Briley makes most every choke that Browning sells. I would love to know who makes a better choke and sells them for less money??? break em all Jeff

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Flush chokes are harder to find, and in INV DS (725 chokes), I think Browning direct is going to be your best bet. They do list flush LM's (and every other constriction) for INV DS here: Invector-DS™ Choke Tubes

·
Registered
365 Posts
it ismy understanding that briley is not mjaking the ds tubes. I and two others I know have 725's and all of us have choke problems.

one gun had a light full tube that shot cylinder patterns at 30 yards. another gun shot to two different poi's depending on what tubes were used. And my modified and IM tubes are so full of holes at 30yards with AA's that they are worthless and will be sent back to browning.

My full tube shoots my reloads into an effective pattern of only 18.5 inches at 35 yards, might be good for games but worthless for 16's.

·
Registered
10,184 Posts
it ismy understanding that briley is not mjaking the ds tubes. I and two others I know have 725's and all of us have choke problems.
I'm Sorry to hear that Browning has lowered there standards with the 725 that much!!!

Briley does make the Invector DS chokes needed for the 725 and sells them one at a time or in different size sets. break em all Jeff

·
Sky Buster
3,961 Posts
I'm Sorry to hear that Browning has lowered there standards with the 725 that much!!!

Briley does make the Invector DS chokes needed for the 725 and sells them one at a time or in different size sets. break em all Jeff
I'm shooting a DS full in my 725 unsingle. It soot balls 16 and
24 yard handicap targets. Carlson make extended DS choke tubes for
the 725 if you can't break 'em with the factory tube.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm shooting a Briley IM in my 725 and I think I like it. It smashes em pretty good with my 1oz reloads. It's not the flush fit one but an extended one, like the DS it replaced. I like it because I can still use the browning wrench to tighten it.

Alex

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have a factory DS IC and IM chokes I am selling, but they are extended. selling the pair for 35 shipped, or 20 a piece shipped.

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Many thanks, gentlemen, for your suggestions.
Lotsa good info

Charlie

·
Registered
135 Posts
I previously owned a 725 combo. While I was waiting for it to arrive at my ffl I started noticing people complaining about the ds chokes on these forums so I went ahead and ordered chokes from Briley. Never had a problem with those.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts