Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! New member here. Did not see a welcome sub forum.

Just getting started in the trap world, I picked up an skb 500 for a good price for doves a week before the season started got some practice in and shot 5 25 shot rounds and had a blast. Ended the day with a 24/25

Went back to the range last weekend and the transition from real birds to clays took a bit.

I really struggled with the straight away targets but was nailing the hard angle ones.

Looking forward to being part of the community.

Cheers!

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Welcome
This is a site for all sorts of info, some good, some bad, but mostly all with good intentions.
I also have trouble going from doves back to trap, just part of it

·
Registered
10,215 Posts
Welcome to TS.com.!!!!! There are some very helpfull people here, so there's lots of advice. Most of it is even "GOOD" LOL. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
You would think Denver and the surrounding area would be full of quality trap clubs, not so much. I would try Berthoud Trap Club just north of Denver.

·
Registered
29,299 Posts
Well we once did. Since the 70's we lost Foothills, Denver and the old Golden site, Tri-State (Buckley) Pederson (?) AFB near Colorado Springs and I may have forgotten some.

·
Registered
29,299 Posts
Mile Hi was Denver I was talking about. I did not count it as lost when it moved from Sloan's Lake to Lafayette. But we lost it afterwards.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
believe used to be a club called woods and waters up by the old golden club. Heard was shut down in a "power" struggle with coors beer.

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
I have only been to cherry creek so far but want to go to Colorado clays in the near future.
Did you come out to GGC today?

·
Registered
29,299 Posts
Had a pretty good turnout today.

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
Hey Don,

Who won the singles shoot off? I left at 175 I think.

Bart
Paul did. Greg dropped #168, Paul had a no-powder ff1 on #175. Wad knocker and spare shell, went back and broke it.

It would have been pretty comical if there had been just one grain of powder in that shell which would have cleared the wad.

I was refereeing the last couple of rounds, everybody else got tired and pulled out. Dan had other things to do like supervising. HeH.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts