Trapshooters Forum banner

Heat

1722 Views 15 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  aloha one
Wife and I pulled our fifth wheel to Gillette for the two day shoot this weekend and when we got here it was 100 deg's and that was about 1 PM. The temp finally fell to 97 at 5:20 Going to be a hot one tomorrow. :( The twin AC units are doing a good job the upper bedroom is cycling but the lower living area is running continuously :) It's great they have 50 amp services so we can run both at the same time along with everything else. Might be Bandana no hat tomorrow :)
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Have a good time shooting this weekend. When you get back home. I think its time you have a service tech check your freon levels in both your A/C units, then clean the coils & drains (if any) while he's at it!!! break em all Jeff

Premium Member
Somewhere in North Dakota today got up to 105*. My fat arse isn鈥檛 quite ready for that heat and as much as I hate to see that hot up there I hope it stays away for awhile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bismarck was 106.

Reactions: bossbasl

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have a good time shooting this weekend. When you get back home. I think its time you have a service tech check your freon levels in both your A/C units, then clean the coils & drains (if any) while he's at it!!! break em all Jeff
This is a new 2021 fifth and the first time we have used the air. Hope it will take this trip with out service. ??

Premium Member
Wife and I went swimming at Richardson Beach today, then we went and took a few dives off the 20' tower at Coconut Island where the wife got pissed because just as she jumped off the tower, I yelled " run for your lives, here comes the tidal wave" she swallowed water as she was laughing on the way down. Then she climbs out, punched me in the gut, grabbed my hair and tossed me off the wall into the water. Everyone there was cracking up watching us. playing around like we were teenagers again. Blue skies and 77 degrees at 1:00, water was refreshing. Stopped at Genki Sushi for a bite before heading back up the mountain to Volcano. Perks of livin in Hawaii, taking a bite out of the good life! Don't go too much anymore, as when people see my leg gone and all the old battle scars on my wrecked body, they come up and thank me for my service, and then many start asking about the injuries and service which gets tiresome, as I want to enjoy myself and who the hell wants to relive that crap
Aloha One

Registered
My area of CA averages 105-110 everyday during the peak of Summer. I have seasonal asthma and I breathe really well in the heat. As much as I love the heat, I don't like shooting in the heat because the guns get too hot too fast and take an eternity to cool down. There's been times where the guns got so hot we physically couldn't load them because the metal was too hot. My old cap and ball revolver was a prime example. Not only did it get too hot to hold and load, but it made us all worry that the cylinder was so hot that it would fire on it's own. We knew the black powder by itself wouldn't go off, but rather we worried about the cap getting set of by the hot nipple. None the less, that day of shooting was ruined, so we fell back on fishing and swimming at the San Joaquin River. Best fishery in all of CA in my opinion.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shot this morning singles in the 80's and then the HC's came up and it had heated up to 90 95 range. I built a palm swell and made it out of epoxy stuff, can't remember the name but the materail got real hard and I pulled it off the 3M 33 tape that I placed it on to form the swell. used some stuff to glue it into place after I used it and found that I liked it. The Heat opened up the glue bond and my hand removed it while shooting. Well I was down 1 after 2nd box and into the thrid box when this happened, finished 91 :( o well I guess that shows my gunsmith abilities ): Shooting doubles in 95 dergree heat is a rush..

Registered
Wife and I went swimming at Richardson Beach today, then we went and took a few dives off the 20' tower at Coconut Island where the wife got pissed because just as she jumped off the tower, I yelled " run for your lives, here comes the tidal wave" she swallowed water as she was laughing on the way down. Then she climbs out, punched me in the gut, grabbed my hair and tossed me off the wall into the water. Everyone there was cracking up watching us. playing around like we were teenagers again. Blue skies and 77 degrees at 1:00, water was refreshing. Stopped at Genki Sushi for a bite before heading back up the mountain to Volcano. Perks of livin in Hawaii, taking a bite out of the good life! Don't go too much anymore, as when people see my leg gone and all the old battle scars on my wrecked body, they come up and thank me for my service, and then many start asking about the injuries and service which gets tiresome, as I want to enjoy myself and who the hell wants to relive that crap
Aloha One
You still got enough hair to get tossed off the wall? I have a friend with a prosthetic leg and kiddingly I have to ask do you swim in a circle like he does?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Murph, did I tell you about the time the wife threw me off the fricken boat 4 miles off shore? Not only did I swim back, but I had to walk all the way back to the Ala Wai yacht club a mile and half down Ala Moana boulevard in my swimming shorts! Slept like a rock that night. That should answer you question.
Aloha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.