Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Dale runs a great shoot! very nice targets with a great background. There usually aren't many vendors that show up from what I remember from the prior year. I remember seeing Gooch from Indiana Gun Club, David Smith who carries Decot glasses, Jerry Bryant with Silent Treatment(ear plugs) and then Tom Larkin. I don't believe Larkin will be there as he has stopped traveling to shoots.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dale runs a great shoot! very nice targets with a great background. There usually aren't many vendors that show up from what I remember from the prior year. I remember seeing Gooch from Indiana Gun Club, David Smith who carries Decot glasses, Jerry Bryant with Silent Treatment(ear plugs) and then Tom Larkin. I don't believe Larkin will be there as he has stopped traveling to shoots.
I drove 40+ miles for the shoot this past weekend and loved it. Sounds worthwhile to travel again. Looking forward to it. Thanks!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would it be worthwhile to travel 40+ for this shoot?

·
Registered
728 Posts
The Heartland is a GREAT shoot! My family and I will be driving 490 miles...... LOL.

This will be the 7th consecutive year for us I believe. I encourage anyone who can get there to come and shoot, you won't regret it. - Jeff

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 34” unsingle 0.031/34” Wilkinson o/u with a prosoft
1,586 Posts
40+ miles to a satellite grand? Lmaoooo.
yes. Worth it. Count yourself very very lucky trapfail. Most travel hours.

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 34” unsingle 0.031/34” Wilkinson o/u with a prosoft
1,586 Posts
I have been trapshooting for only around 2 years. Had no idea.
I’ve traveled close to 3 hours for a weekend local registered. 8-10 hours for a good state shoot. Satellite grands, particularly at the club in Ackley, provide great targets, competition and trophies. If you have the money to shoot, definitely make the trip. 40 miles is nothin.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I’ve been to many clubs and the Heartland has become one of my favorites!
The hospitality is amazing! The program is well run!
I love the fact that the club is east to walk end to end and see everyone and everything.
I’ll be in the trophy room working.
Hope you get to to pick up an award!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
great shoot, Dale runs a great program and the trapline is awesome,, usually not many vendors tho, lots of campers, and the food is great, I have enjoyed every time I've attended the heartland drive, 5 hour trip to Akley,, heck the last time I went I drove farther than the OP from my motel LOL...Steve

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
great shoot, Dale runs a great program and the trapline is awesome,, usually not many vendors tho, lots of campers, and the food is great, I have enjoyed every time I've attended the heartland drive, 5 hour trip to Akley,, heck the last time I went I drove farther than the OP from my motel LOL...Steve
Sure aren't many motels around the area. Any food vendors?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
TrapFail,, You are correct, motel's are scarce, I stay in Cedar Falls at the same motel I stay when going to Iowa State,, Usually the Iowa Grill is on location for food and Dale has some kind of cookout most every nights

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TrapFail,, You are correct, motel's are scarce, I stay in Cedar Falls at the same motel I stay when going to Iowa State,, Usually the Iowa Grill is on location for food and Dale has some kind of cookout most every nights
and expensive. They've jacked up their prices along with everyone else. Can't wait for the shoot!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts