Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that haven't heard, Dean Bright is to under go Coronary bypass surgery at noon today. He is going to have two bypasses at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines. I probably won't have any news until this evening, but I will post it as soon as I get it. I spoke with him twice yesterday and he is concerned. Keep him in your prayers. Thank you

Terry Barnhart
307-684-9287

·
Registered
589 Posts
Just got off the phone with Mike, Dean's son, and he said Dean is in recovery and appears to have come through in good shape. He will be in the hospital for 5 to 6 days then home for rehab. Wish him the best.

Ken Brandt

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Kenny. I just got off the phone with Mike. They have taken out the respirator tube and he is breathing on his own and sleeping. Lucky guy mine was in for a day and half. I will check in again tomorrow and let everyone know.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I send my hopes for a speedy recovery. Hey, we have a Hardin County 4-some here. Dean, Terry, Kenny, and me. (The last 3 listed are all IF Cadets)

Terry and Kenny, tell Dean I'm sending him my best wishes.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Wishing Dean good luck and a speedy recovery,

Bill

·
5,374 Posts
Best Wishes on a speedy recovery from the guys and gals of Naperville...

Jay Spitz

·
Registered
840 Posts
Want to wish Dean well. Be sure he has a good cough pillow. He'll know what to do with it

all the best and do your rehab with lots of gusto. Been there done that quad

Bob

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
Thoughts are with you, Dean.

I would assume that Mike will be here in March, so you can recoup.

Thank care.

Whiz

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just talked to Dean. He is waiting for a room so he can get out of ICU. He sounds like he has been through heart surgery. I told him what to expect afterward when I talked to him Sunday. He told me I didn't sugar coat anything nor did I tell him any fibs just o make him feel good, as I have been through it twice. He should be improving each day an the next I speak to him I will update again.

Terry Barnhart

·
Registered
995 Posts
Wishing you a speedy recovery. I got lucky and just needed a couple stints last year. Scary stuff but you will make it.

Terry.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I spoke with Mike about an hour ago. Dean is finally in a room and he had a little setback this afternoon. It sounds like he just over did it. He didn't take the advice I gave him about not trying to do everything right away. Mike or Lisa have read him the posts from here so keep them coming. Mike told me that he said for the veterans to get practiced up as he will return. I will post again when I hear anything new. I hope to talk to Dean tomorrow.

Thanks again, Terry Barnhart

·
Registered
279 Posts
Dean, fight the good fight and get back to the firing line as soon as the doc will allow! Wishing you the best, Steve &Tracy Johnson.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.