Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
I wonder if any of the custom poured hearing protection vendors could/would pour proper fitting inserts to use with these?

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
No experience with buying hearing aids online.
I have a number of friends who use hearing aids.
The are different makes and models.
The one thing they all have in common is the need for adjustment and fine tuning.

This requires a visit with a technician, I am not sure you will get that with on line shopping.

Its All Good

West

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Having worn hearing aids for several years I would not recommend something that did not have an audiologist involved with setting it up. Hearing loss is different for everyone and having something that just amplifies sound may do more harm than good. My hearing loss is for certain frequencies. Only those frequencies are amplified. Amplifying a frequency that does not need it may be detrimental in the long run.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
After too many years of big guns, loud motorsports , and heavy equipment the wife got tired of me saying huh and what? Do yourself a favor forget the hearing aid vendor that sends you offers of free meals or a toaster or coffee maker. Search out a Registered Audiologist the hearing test they give will be way more detailed and steer you towards what your hearing problem is. I went to two Audiologist in two states with same result and was fitted with Sonic brand digital behind the ear tuned to my needs.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'm assuming you want hearing aids for every day...not for shooting?
If so, go to Costco. I joined them just so I could buy the hearing aids. They're the biggest seller of hearing aids in the country and prices tend to be 30 to 40% lower than others.
I spent about $1700 on what would have costed around $3000. They have higher-end models too.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
YES !!!.....Costco is the BEST deal out there !!!
Had several friends recommended Costco.....so I joined just for their private
labeled hearing aids that others were charging THOUSANDS more for the SAME
THING !!!
With Costco you also get a good warranty and periodic adjustments.

·
Registered
32,272 Posts
Most trapshooters prefer the hearing aid specifically designed with the shooter in mind, the Bi-Star S-6000.

Contact DukeFan via PM for ordering information.

View attachment 1643157
Does this product come in left handed version?

I see where Hearing Assist has a set of hearing aides which are controlled with a phone app. They are more expensive than the ones advertised on TV. The app can conduct a hearing test with or without the hearing aids. It can adjust the hearing aids based on the results of the test, left and right separately. Hearing amplifiers are no longer regulated by the government, but I would only be common sense to get tested by a professional.

I would like to see Bluetooth hearing aids that act as sound blockers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does this product come in left handed version?

I see where Hearing Assist has a set of hearing aides which are controlled with a phone app. They are more expensive than the ones advertised on TV. The app can conduct a hearing test with or without the hearing aids. It can adjust the hearing aids based on the results of the test, left and right separately. Hearing amplifiers are no longer regulated by the government, but I would only be common sense to get tested by a professional.

I would like to see Bluetooth hearing aids that act as sound blockers.
Got mine from Costco about three years ago. Keep your ears clean and you won't have problems.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Folks ,
I have been wearing hearing aids for over 40 years . The best advice I could pass on is to go to an ear , nose and throat MD . Let them give you a a good unbiased exam , you may just need a good cleaning or perhaps your loss is not receptive to aids ? But after the opinion of a professional , you will then have all the information you need to choose your audiologist . There are no bargains in parachutes or medical care , bet your life on it !!!
Over the years I've gone from one aid at age 20 to 2 aids now at age 40 I'm now 71 .
I hope this helps you .

Semper Fi
Soup

·
Registered
32,272 Posts
Keep your ears clean and you won't have problems.
That is only partial advice you have given. One must avoid all noise, including you don’t shoot firearms at all. Stay away from aspirin and antibiotics. Make sure you are born into a family that does not have hereditary hearing loss and don’t contract any disease or illness that cause hearing loss.

·
Registered
721 Posts
has anyone tryed the nano hearing aid or any other hearing aid you can buy on line
I've run the gauntlet as far as hearing aids are concerned. If you go with a franchise. you'll pay a lot more than you should. Quality will be better if you go with an audiologist connected to a medical facility, but so will cost. I find I can get excellent hearing aids that are technologically on a par with those that I would get through a medical facility, but at a far lesser cost through Costco. I recommend Costco without reservation.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts