Trapshooters Forum banner

...and what did I do?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
If you were distracted by the little raccoon way off in the woods, you should take up a quieter game like golf. :05:

·
Sponsors a Reloaders for Youth Program
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I woof 1/10. And as soon as the ball is airborne I want to shoot it. No way.

Dude, they're relatives.

·
Premium Member
12,004 Posts
Ear plugs... Electronic ear muffs... iPod...

Keep the raccoons in the trees in the woods.

Fury lives matter

Reactions: Floorplate

·
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hearing is difficult for me to shut out. When I had it tested, the lady said she had never seen hearing that acute. I need to double up on protection, but I hate muffs like a farm dog hates a collar.

·
Premium Member
12,004 Posts
It's those big ears on the top of your head...

·
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So here's what happened. I pulled my attention back, from out in the field to some point, I don't know where because I was distracted, and called for the target and promptly missed. The point being twofold:

1. I have to start with my attention out in the field and come back to the target when I see the streak in my peripheral vision.

2. I should always come down and restart whenever distracted.

I like Bruce's point above that my focus wasn't that strong if a noise distracted me. There's a lot of truth in that. Thanks Bruce.

·
Registered
10,215 Posts
I should always come down and restart whenever distracted.
Whenever something keeps you from shooting or (calling for the target), you should always stop lower your gun, and open the breach/ open gun, then re-set your entire shooting routine and start from the beginning before calling again. Be sure to clear your head and mentally re-focus as well. This is the most important step. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
Whenever something keeps you from shooting or (calling for the target), you should always stop lower your gun, and open the breach/ open gun, then re-set your entire shooting routine and start from the beginning before calling again. Be sure to clear your head and mentally re-focus as well.
Absolutely.

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
I love the sounds those `coons make in my Have-A-Heart trap just before a CB -Short slams into their foreheads .

·
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some day the tables will be turned. Repeat after me, "Fury Lives Matter".

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
I love the sounds those `coons make in my Have-A-Heart trap just before a CB -Short slams into their foreheads .
Hmm. I figured you for a guy who would toss the trap in the water and watch them drown...

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
I got your coon medicine right here:

m2_machine-gun.jpg

Reactions: KS-OKIE
1 - 20 of 22 Posts