Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
22 gr but never use someones advice. go to alliant powders web site and use their chart. They have it all listed for you, print it and keep it by your loader

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
20.0 - 20.5 grains with AA Hulls, Winchester primers and standard Fig 8 or WAA12 Wad. Check the data at Alliant's site for your EXACT components before you load anything. The above will get you at or a bit over 1200 fps, depending on your barrel. Be sure to weigh your drops! Federal Hulls may require just a little more.

·
Registered
11,436 Posts
Good advice here.

BUT, don't take loads from strangers on an internet chat forum.

Check the powder manufacturer's tables for yourself to make sure you're using a safe load, and weigh your powder and shot charges!

Bushing charts are not exact!

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
Just like Rvator97 - my MEC #32 bushing throws about 18.5 to 18.7 grains of GreenDot and that seems to work very well in AA cases and/or STS cases - light recoil and gives good breaks

·
Registered
723 Posts
I'm thinking that a 33 MEC bushing may be closer to handicap. My #32 throws 19.5 grains,but I'm thinking that more is less (birds lost)?

·
Registered
115 Posts
What oz. loads are you using for this? Shot some 1oz. loads today and had alot of what looked like unburned powder plus a couple of punky sounding loads. Using the WAASL wad and 209's.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow...who still loads AA or Fedl? 19.5 gr of Grn dot in STS with Downrange
Fig 8 wad and Rem primer....for everything..

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
Pheasantmaster (Martin W) shoots 19.5 gr Green Dot in AA hulls for handicap. I shoot 20.5 gr of Green Dot in AA hulls for handicap. Both he and I shoot from the 27, but he typically shoots higher scores than I do. Could the difference be due to the shells or is there something else involved?

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
21.5 gr. greendot, green duster, 1 oz. 7.5's

target crushers!!!

tony

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Mental, Maybe.....Power?.....NAaaaaaaaH!!!! It's the magnetic shot being attracted to the iron content in the targets. That happens when you drop your shot from those new wheelweights marked "Fe". :) Tough to melt, but boy is that shot hard!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
PerazziBigBore....

Unique to check your load data....lol...I couldn't help it.

tony

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.