Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this on the Graf's website:

Notice of Updated Shipping Terms for Hazardous Materials
Due to changes in UPS and FedEx shipping policies, packages cannot be over 50 pounds gross weight. Before this policy change by UPS and FedEx the gross box shipping weight was 70 lbs. This will change and limit hazmat packages considerably. We will have to limit shipments to 40 pounds gross weight of hazmat materials to allow for overpacking the products. We understand that this is a big change for all of our customers and we will do our best to get as much in one package as possible.

I'm not sure how much of a change this is as I don't seem to recall anyone shipping 70 lb. boxes. CAC had to ship me 2 boxes because my order would not fit into a single box.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
I don't think I ever ordered more than four 8# jugs at a time in the past, and these days my bank account could not support more than the cost of 32 pounds of powder anyway. I guess that is why I didn't notice the change?

Reactions: lightning20ga

·
Premium Member
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think I ever ordered more than four 8# jugs at a time in the past, and these days my bank account could not support more than the cost of 32 pounds of powder anyway. I guess that is why I didn't notice the change?
Looks to be new rule change. 4 kegs of powder plus a couple of sleeves of primers will put you over the limti, I think.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
package handlers can not handle the 70 lbs anymore..... outta shape and back injury brings on the 50 lb limit...... plus the added revenue for shipping for a better bottom line... Its just my opinion

·
Registered
13,154 Posts
Yep another "labor and Industry's"(government) concern for the out of shape workers!!

Still remember the day L&I made us faller's stay at the mill one morning back in 1979. New "rule" about picking up "packages" weighing over 25lbs. Went like this, if over 25lbs YOU were to get another co-worker, keep your backs straight and bend at the knee's to pick said object together. WE all burst out laughing, looked at each other and started asking, "will you come over and help me lift my saw?"!! Mac125's weighed in at 27lbs dry(no gas or bar oil in them) add to that a 36 inch bar and chain!! AGAIN government NEVER fixes anything, they create problems where NONE existed before!

Then there were my cattle ranch days, salt blocks were 50lbs, packed them two at a time. BUT then I guess if you just sit around to much You'll get soft!!

Hummmmmm, most delivery trucks have whats called a "hand truck" on them, to lazy to use them????

Hazmat WAS just a new revenue gather tactic for the shipping company's DUH!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts