Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you seen a growing change in the number of shooters since the disappearance of primers and powder? Not necessarily ATA events, but the guys that shoot for fun and mostly reload, rather than buy new shells. It seems a lot of the older guys and guys with families, have just quit shooting. I mean everything, rifles, pistols, and shotguns. The gun club owner where I shoot also has said his business is way down due to ammo, primers, and powder unavailability. No ammo, no shooters......

·
Registered
733 Posts
I noticed that very few people were showing up for casual practice at my local club. This was across the board, all forms of shooting handguns, rifles, and shotguns. The Thursday evening 5-stand and the twice-monthly SC events continued to draw the usual amount however. This may be due to our nearest reloading supply source never running out of anything until Fall! -Ed

·
Registered
340 Posts
Airplane ramps are dried up too.

Is it a generation thing where the kids can't afford it so they ask for Play station "Call of Duty black ops 3, for Christmas.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Not much drop off that I can see other than the 22lr plinkers. One thing I have noticed is a huge increase in pistol shooters shooting commercially reloaded ammo.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I guess I was lucky as I was sitting on a fairly large pile of components when things dried up. I am getting quite low on Clays though.....

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have yet to be effected by any kind of shortage. I do keep an inventory on hand, but was able to easily purchase just last week powder primer and shot that I needed for th upcoming season.

At the gun clubs I frequent, the regular shooters are all still there. Perhaps the casual shooters that buy only promo ammo will fall off this year. Most of them only shoot the league targets with no practices or extra. It s more of a social gathering to some than a competition as it is to others.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
We have two traps and the practice trap is not as busy. I notice the game trap does not run as long but it could be the weather. We are not getting the out of town shooters we used to. Maybe we made them mad? Us trap shooters are finicky, you know. :eek:)

Ajax

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have seen more shooter, more at the range, trap club and this was the first year in history that Utah sold out of general season Elk tags. I think around here the shortages and possible restrictions on firearms have spurred the guys setting on the fence to start buying. 22 long rifle ammo is still about impossible to find in this state so someone is buying it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts