Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize for posting this here and for even having to do it! But, here goes! I followed with interest the thread started by niagara concerning: "Good luck Mr. Roach-but" I listened to both sides and it was obvious that most responses to niagara were very negative. Anyway, with my "sense of humor", I read his for sale ad concerning "US body armor set w/ceramics SAPI plates". I could not help myself and jokingly suggested "You may want to keep it after that post regarding Barry and the ensuing shit storm that followed!?" This morning, I went to ts.com and had a private message waiting. The pm was from niagara. His pm was: "I understand your threat of violence. I also assume you will be using a gun as you recommended I wear a vest. Legal authorities have been notified." Needless to say, I was dumbfounded. I replied to his pm suggesting that he go back and read my post, suggested he was not too smart, and furthermore he was too dumb to have a sense of humor! Anyway, any comments would be appreciated as I am somewhat confused this morning. Thanks, Tom Rhoads

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
Threats rather in open forum or PM will not be tolerated on any forum and need to be nipped.

I would reply to him and say you are not going to perpetuate this anymore and you are sorry it came to this. LEAVE it at that. If other party persists report to moderator and they will be removed.

*Edit, absoulutely report ANY threats imediately to forum admin to be sure they are in the loop.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I think it's time for many on this site to grow up and start treating each other with respect and stop this nonsense of attacking everything someone says that you disagree with.

To call someone not too smart and too dumb is very disrespectful and hurtful.

I would like to suggest we all make a late New Year resolution that today will be the day we clean up what we post on this website by being polite, kind and respectful. No one likes to be bullied, made fun of or criticized on a public forum.

·
Vendor
19,415 Posts
Tom. It is a "bluster" several steps down from a "bluff". disregard it. What is proventho, is that "niagara" is a troublemaker. Always best to leave them stew in their own filth

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Tom, my mental image of you as someone I can only judge by the intelligence and grammar with which your posts are usually written is quite high. Don't stoop to his level. Your apology for unintentionally triggering a response like that should be sufficient.

It is a shame that we can't coexist peacefully. I know I get on guys about using anti-gun companies, for instance, but in the end, my remarks were well-intended.

Ed

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
I went back and read that thread. The way I see it it was nothing but a joke and a poke at him. No way do I say it was a threat in any form. All he's trying to do is rattle your cage. If he can't take a joke then let him be. Besides he is making his own bed to sleep in so let him take his lumps as they come as far as the Roach thread goes. Don't worry about it. No lawyer or court will see anything other then a poke of fun at him. Besides we all know what he really is.

·
Vendor
19,415 Posts
Tom. Look at it this-a-way. Do you think he really calls the local enforcement an alerts them to the fact that he has REAL BODY ARMOR? They'll be at his door first to see what else he might have. The only thing that happened is that he got you and is chuckling incessantly.

Fugeddaboudit!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Tom, I have known you for quite a while and I love your sense of humor and the jokes we play on each other.

You may want to preface each of your responses to a thread with a new code for TS.COMers.

Here is what I see. CTAJ (can take a joke) and then your response or

TSP (thin skinned pu**y) and they will know not to continue reading.

Hope this will help when you are posting responses to a thread.

Zoltan

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Threats and name calling? Come on people we are trap shooters! Leave it for the golfers and such. Bill

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Tom, I have to admit you and I were think along the same lines concerning nigeria.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys and to be honest with you, several of your responses evoked a chuckle from me! Thanks again, Tom Rhoads

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Anyone considering that flip remark to be a genuine threat should be shunned and avoided.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Excuse me, but can someone tell me why it is possible to post comments on For Sale ads? Idle chatter and negative comments abound on this site.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Because the site owner allows it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I really hope Niagra did in fact "notify the authorities". They probably could use a good laugh as well. What a putz.

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
If you stated "I'm going to take you all out!", most of us would figure your talking a beer or dinner. a few would threaten to call the Sheriff....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts