Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone uses mcguires cleaner wax on gunstocks i just used it on my pick up and it does a bitchin job it has a little cleaning compound and a little wax easy on/off just curious steve

·
Registered
109 Posts
Don't use it on your gun stock. It may damage the finish and irritate your face as well. When it gets wet you may not be able to hold on to it.

Shoot well,

Jim

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've used bowling alley wax on a lot of my stocks for protection for years and never had any problems. It protects well. Sometimes it's kinda hard to find these days though.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
There is no problem using Meguires. That's what I always use. I'm glad you got good results.

Jerry

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
I have seen stocks that were done with Bee's Wax and have to tell you there is nothing to compare it to ... The problem is you have to build it up and after several coats its simply amazing, and its all natural also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

G

·
Birchwood-Casey sells stock wax which is just bees wax in a thinner. Works great but you'll find both Tre-Wax and Butcher's Dark Wax work as well and cost a heck of a lot less. Most hardware stores carry one or both in their floor care dept.

Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
Meguires used to be top quality stuff. Lately they've gone commercial (cheap) and quality is quickly eroding. While still o.k., there are much better products out there.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lady dustem, the reason i used the cleaner wax on my perazzi stock and forearm is the factory finish is a dull satin finish so the cleaner part of this application helped remove the dullnes and if for some reason iscrewed it up i was going to send it out for a strip and re-finish in a much lighter stain anyway so i figured i had nothing to lose, now it sure is shiney but is still is a little on the dark side but i thank you for your concern steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.