Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the ads for the new Tac-Con Trigger group, but don't like the price of $450. Has anyone tried one yet in an AR-15 or for that matter an AK-47, and if so do they really work? the beav

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
dr.beav: May be this is off your topic but what I did was replaced my standard springs in my AR-15 with the following: MidwayUSA product no. 579878 JP Enterprises Trigger Spring kit AR-15 3 1/2 lb. Reduced Power; (price $10.49). Originally I bought the standard STAG Arms complete lower kit (what I read was highly recommended as they do some work on the hammer & disconnector) and just substituted the 2 springs. No creep, crisp pull and cheap (single stage trigger). Say you bought the springs and really loved them, then you're $440.00 ahead which will help with your trapshooting. Also, feel free to ignore my post. Good luck with whichever route you go. BT100dc

·
Registered
9,808 Posts
According to Tac-Con one of the touted 3 modes is the safe mode. Every AR made has this mode so I call BS on this.

Take a look at the Hipertouch AR triggers for half the price. I have two 24C's in my 3 gun AR's. Crisp consistant 2# triggers with the lightest springs. They include a set of light, medium and heavy springs as well as trigger and hammer pins. Their hammer is included also.

Pat

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have tried one , not to impressed only shot 40 rounds but sure did not shoot like the video showed , no instructions with it to tell you about it

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
My son put a Wilson Combat drop in trigger unit in his AR15 varmint rifle. Really nice, light, breaks crisp.

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
Here is a link to Brownells' for a search of "Trigger AR15"

There are many - from very little $$ to very much $$.

$450 just seems to be way over the top...

I'll admit I have no experience with these specific triggers, but there is a host of others that do nice things...

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Look for sales. My son found his Wilson for half off.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I haven't tried the Tac-con trigger yet but have investigated it pretty closely. The appeal is simulated fully auto or at least faster then normal semi-auto. How they accomplish this from what I see is to mechanically push the trigger forward so you don't have to by letting off the trigger as normal. It's trigger slap back but a gentle version. If you can get the hang of floating your trigger pressure it will start bump firing. It may be easier to do than with a bump fire stock.

For that kind of money (or a lot less) you can buy a really high quality trigger with a nice light and crisp pull but of course not the novelty.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Have a Wilson Combat in one AR; very crisp and easy installation.

I also have Geissele (pronounced guys-lee) triggers in 2 other ARs. Comparable to the Wilson Combat. Easy to install.

http://geissele.com/triggers.html

Gene in Illinois

1 - 12 of 12 Posts