Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since the stock is very tall I'm worried about the Butt plate being long enough. Does anyone have an exact model of one that would fit? I'm also looking for horizontal adjustment or at least cant in and out along with the vertical adjustment. I think the graco 575s will fit but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Since the stock is very tall I'm worried about the Butt plate being long enough. Does anyone have an exact model of one that would fit? I'm also looking for horizontal adjustment or at least cant in and out along with the vertical adjustment. I think the graco 575s will fit but I'm not sure.
Like this?My guy put a Jones adjuster and a Kickeeze pad on my wife's gun when he shortened it to fit her.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a gracoil that was on my 682 when i bought it so it must be big enough but had to order xl kickeze pad with the slotted second hole as the large pad was not long enough

·
Registered
95 Posts
same stock, Was that the 575s?
Hers is a 687 Silver Pigeon III Trap Combo from Etchen

Hers is the 3/4" pad I believe; but below are the numbers.

The pad was a Kick-Eez trap pad, #440-401-108MB if it is the 1" pad, or #440-401-106MB if it is the 3/4" pad. The stock adjuster is the Jones Stock Adjuster, #763-100-000MB

Reactions: cadence2arms

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Most shooters do have an adjustable butt pad on their gun. The device consists of two metal plates attached to each other in such a way that the pad can be moved in all directions, up/down, left/right, and canted, ie, toe in/out.

You either have to send it to someone, or find someone who performs the services at a shoot, there are a few left who do that.

The adjuster will add thickness, so if your gun actually fits you perfectly now, then some wood will have to come off to make up for the plates. Or, they can use a thinner recoil pad to achieve the same affect.

You need to find someone who will do this type of work for you.

Tron is the resident expert here on TS, he also does combs. He did a duplicate soft comb for me, and did an awesome job, as he always does.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I see from your profile that you are in PA. If you are near Ligonier, Wes, the in house gun smith at Etchens can install it for you.
He did an adjustable comb for my 687 and an adjustable butt plate for my sister in law's A400. He does nice work and is reasonable with his prices.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts