Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted opinions from people who have used this product,good, bad, side effects, etc. Thanks, Lester

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
My wife uses is. It took a little while for the full effect but she thinks it is a life saver. A friend took it and was allergic and had to discontinue after just a few days. My wife has suffered with this dry business for years and this stuff is teh cats meow for her. It's expensive but well worth it to not live with the misery of chronic dry eyes. Geez, I sound like a commercial. Jeff

·
Registered
323 Posts
I tried it for about three months. It burned my eyes all day. I was better off without it so I quit. The best thing I have found for me is fish oil. If you haven't tried a fish oil regimen then I suggest trying it. Three 1000 mg capsules a day.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Restasis is a very good product. It is really a weak antibiotic that has anti-inflammatory properties. The anti-inflammation part is the workhorse. Dry eye problems tend to make themselves worse over time. Restasis knocks down the inflammation and truly increases tear production. The bad news is that you don't expect to have results before 6-8 weeks of proper use and if you quit using it you are back where you were before you started. If you are allergic to the antibiotic, you can't use it. If your Dr. suggested it try it.

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
I put one drop of extra heavy mineral oil in my left eye every morning as soon as I get up.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I stopped my eyes from years of dryness.
I found that taking a table spoon on coconut oil every day keeps my eyes from dryness.
This has worked wonders for me. It takes few days to build up in my system. After a while I forget to take it because my eyes aren't hurting. Then I start to feel a little dryness so I take a table spoon full or less and the dryness goes away.

Maybe it will help you.

Arnie

·
Ljutic Nut
2,928 Posts
Could not get past the burning. I tried it for a month. Started taking Flax seed oil, works just like the fish oil only no bad after taste.

Jim R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.