Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EAST GRANBY, Conn. – Hartford Gun Club has invited all ATA, NSSA and NSCA member shooters to shoot at the club’s grounds here on Thursdays at the member rate.

Shooters should identify themselves and sign in at the front desk with your name and membership number. You also must sign a release form.

Summer shooting hours are from noon until dusk.

For club information, please see The Hartford Gun Club - Home

Ed Cowles, Trap co-chair, Hartford Gun Club.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
ed, my cards have all expired. im shooting in conn when I return home to care for parents in Seymour. would you waive in a bonified range owner and current nra certified shotgun instructor....namely me?>
I was a member of Seymour fish and game for 27 years.
does that help?

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Ed,
I am going to East Lyme on Sunday (coming from Boston area) and interested to shoot a few rounds of trap at HGC. Is it possible to do that?

I emailed the club and was told that the club is not open to public and I need to be a guest of a member of the club.
thanks

James.

·
Banned
134 Posts
xp220, I'd offer to let you be my guest at HGC since I'm a member there but I'll be shooting the Massachusetts State Shoot on Sunday. Other clubs in Connecticut that shoot on Sunday that are open to the public is Wolcott Land Owners Association - also we throw black rim targets at Wolcott (I belong to that club), starting at 9-10 am. I think Bristol Fish and Game (I'm also a member there) might let public shooters shoot on a Sunday as well I'm not 100% on that though. Just some suggestions.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
As always, here's a gun club trying to help out shooters, and get their club some exposure, then the trap shooters that don't qualify to their generosity show up asking to extend the exemptions.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
xp220, I'd offer to let you be my guest at HGC since I'm a member there but I'll be shooting the Massachusetts State Shoot on Sunday. Other clubs in Connecticut that shoot on Sunday that are open to the public is Wolcott Land Owners Association - also we throw black rim targets at Wolcott (I belong to that club), starting at 9-10 am. I think Bristol Fish and Game (I'm also a member there) might let public shooters shoot on a Sunday as well I'm not 100% on that though. Just some suggestions.
Ed,

Thanks for the info. I will look around the club you suggested. I want to try to shoot there just because I am thinking to shot CTA state this year.

James.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
As always, here's a gun club trying to help out shooters, and get their club some exposure, then the trap shooters that don't qualify to their generosity show up asking to extend the exemptions.
What is your point about “don’t qualify” and “exemption”?

I am an ATA member, just moved out of CT too. I was not a trap shooter before and became one recently. I want to try different fields and condition, and meet people. Many clubs open to public for traps just to expand the discipline. What is wrong to ask?

·
Banned
134 Posts
Ed,

Thanks for the info. I will look around the club you suggested. I want to try to shoot there just because I am thinking to shot CTA state this year.

James.
It's definitely worth shooting the Connecticut State Shoot each year the back round is great the birds that are thrown are great the shoot is run very smooth. This year they will be throwing black rim targets at the Connecticut State Shoot. Definitely worth attending you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you read Ed's opening comments correctly all you have to do is present your membership card, be it ATA ,NSSA or NSCA and you will be allowed to shoot. You don't need a member to shoot with you just prove that you belong to one of these organizations and you will be allowed to shoot at member rates.

George

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
If you read Ed's opening comments correctly all you have to do is present your membership card, be it ATA ,NSSA or NSCA and you will be allowed to shoot. You don't need a member to shoot with you just prove that you belong to one of these organizations and you will be allowed to shoot at member rates.

But it also states on THURDAYS

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Thanks for everyone’s responses. I am alright now.

If you are Metro North Boston area, you are welcome to be my guest in the clubs I belonged to for a few rounds trap shooting. Many other clubs I go to is also opened to public (for trap).

Get them all!

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
xp, i'll be touring mass this july. im trying to meet an old friend over near springfield where skeet started. ever shoot Ludlow? I got western mass back in 2014. now im aiming for eastern. I might take you up on that.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
2013ljutic....whats your home club?

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
xp, i'll be touring mass this july. im trying to meet an old friend over near springfield where skeet started. ever shoot Ludlow? I got western mass back in 2014. now im aiming for eastern. I might take you up on that.
No problems. Let me know in advance.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
know them well. the vp of wlopa and Lenny Benedetto had me over to shoot some trap a while back. wonder if you know him? nice ranges. still got wobble trap on field 1?
Bristol has a great tavern by the way!

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
well...looks like we successfully took eds thread hostage. im sorry. back to you ed!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts