Trapshooters Forum banner

Harlan Goes Red !

13466 Views 29 Replies 28 Participants Last post by  Harv Shell

Legendary Trap Shooter Harlan Campbell Jr. Joins Team Winchester!

EAST ALTON, Ill. (January 21, 2021) — Winchester is proud to announce the signing of 12-time Grand American World Trapshooting champion Harlan Campbell Jr.

Harlan will be shooting the world-famous AA® Target Load shotshells going forward, starting with the Spring Grand in Tucson, Arizona, this February. Harlan will be using AA Light Target Load shotshells in #8 shot (AA128) for singles and doubles and shooting AA Super-Handicap #7.5’s (AAHA127) at the 27-yard line.

“The name Harlan Campbell Jr. is a name that is recognized and respected in the shooting sports world. We are thrilled to add someone of Harlan’s talents and passion for the sport,” said Matt Campbell, vice president of sales and marketing for Winchester Ammunition.

About Harlan Campbell Jr.
Harlan Campbell Jr. has a long list of accolades spanning his storied career. Harlan is a 26-time ATA All-American. He has been honored to be captain of that team 13 times. Hailing from his home state of Kansas, Harlan was inducted into the Kansas Trapshooting Hall of Fame in 1999 and the Amateur Trapshooting Association Hall of Fame in 2012. When Harlan isn’t trapshooting, he travels the United States hosting clinics and passing his knowledge onto the next generation of competitors and also helping the top shooters get that extra edge they need.

About Winchester Ammunition
Winchester has a distinguished 154-year history of innovation in hunting, recreation, law enforcement and military ammunition products. In the field, on the range or in defense of freedom around the globe, Winchester has the right product for any ammunition need. Winchester is The American Legend, a brand built on integrity, hard work and a deep focus on its loyal customers.

Learn more about the history of Winchester by visiting Winchester.com or connecting with us on Facebook at Facebook.com/WinchesterOfficial.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
1,288 Posts
Good for him and Winchester, professional athletes in any sport are the same, whoever gives them the best deal get's their services, it's a win - win situation most of the time for both of them, he get's paid and supplied with free ammo, they get to associate their name with one of the best shooters in the game.

We all wish we shot good enough to be a paid sponsored shooter :cry: but we just pay to shoot :cool:

· Registered
3,717 Posts
That's kind of a surprise, would have thought Rem. would have wanted to keep him with their going through a reorganization, they are going need all the advertising help they can get. Money talks---everything else walks.

I'm sure he will do as well for Win. as he would for any sponsor.

· Registered
158 Posts
Harlan helped Ditto.
He called Kieth and told him that if he would shoot the Cardinal Classic that he would make team captain.
Henry
Harlan wasn’t the only person to Inform Kieth on the Cardinal Classic. Kieth had a big enough lead that the classic added that little extra oomph to the end. But as far as I know Kieth was already planning on attending that shoot
-Subjr

· Registered
1,260 Posts
Suddenly I feel better about AAs.

Shot Federal papers for years starting back in 1975. Got away from shooting for several years and when I came back to the game Federal Papers were tough to come by if you didn’t “know someone” and retail was unheard of. Good ol Winchester AAs and I became great friends ... both new and reloads.

Over time I was able to secure sources for my beloved Federal papers.

With Federal ammo situation and current marketing strategy, Winchester could be a very viable option for me.

Congratulations Harlan!

Cheers, Dusty

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.