Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received our summer trap league for 2021. After shooting only only the second half of the schedule last year we are going to shoot a full schedule this year. Our league consists of, this year, eleven clubs shooting a home and away beginning April 21,2021. Twenty shoots with each club having a bye week each half. All of the clubs are in close proximity to each other with the longest drive being at most a 30 minutes to two of the clubs. The other nine clubs are fifteen minutes at most. After reading about Foid Cards we shouldn't complain too much here in Pa. We have a great league that encourages all who want to shoot, it doesn't matter who or what you are it's about fun. And believe me that's what we have.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Good for You. Glad to hear some good news on here from time to time. Enjoy your shoots this summer. Don't forget to drink lots of fluids, so you don't get dehydrated in the heat. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
832 Posts
Is that the Erie-Crawford League by chance? My dad told me it was going back to pretty normal for this year. Such a great league. Clubs are just so spread out here in E WA to have such a league. Pennsylvania is surely a great place for sportsmen..

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that the Erie-Crawford League by chance? My dad told me it was going back to pretty normal for this year. Such a great league. Clubs are just so spread out here in E WA to have such a league. Pennsylvania is surely a great place for sportsmen..
No. This is Mountain Top Trap League here in Cambria County Pa. Yes we take our fluids to stay hydrated. Thanks for everyone's concern's about our well being. We also take care of our food intake to maintain our strength,m along with the fluids.HaHa!!! After the shooting that's half the fun!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome to have places to shoot and nice ones with a fun league to boot!
We are lucky to have a plentiful supply of clubs to have a league like this. When I read where the members on this site have to drive hours to a club to shoot, I really feel for them. There are a plethora of other clubs that don't offer trap, but lot's of other shooting activities within a short driving distance, and some of our league members also offer ATA shoots. If you like to shoot almost anything, come and live in my neck of the woods. We have a lot to offer shooting, and cultural activities. If you ride a motorcycle our rally is back on for this June.It's called "Thunder in the Valley" that offers a great week of great food and entertainment. I'm starting to sound like a travel brochure, sorry about that. The wife says I always talk too much.

·
Registered
832 Posts
We do drive long distances! I'm taking my daughter to Spokane to shoot the 16s, which is 260mi RT, only to depart for Tri Cities in the afternoon for my sons hockey game which is 180mi RT. All in a day! Wish we could shoot more of the program at the NW Grand, time just wont allow. Enjoy all those close PA clubs!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts

Last year the Erie-Crawford league was shot from home clubs only. Scores were then phoned in.
This year all but One club is traveling.
We get some nice groups.
Hoping this year we get more youths traveling. It is a great experience for them .
Many local High School teams should be represented.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey tony4338 you’re talking about Cambria there by Berlin right where all do you shoot Ata or just regular shoots pretty close to there always looking for more places to shoot thanks

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Really happy I live in KY, lots fewer people than PA and still many places to hunt, fish, and shoot.

·
Registered
138 Posts
We're blessed in eastern PA to have so many clubs to shoot at. Not too many places in the country that have cold winters and over 400 shooters in our winter league with 5 host clubs with 4 or more traps within 45 minutes of each other.

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,670 Posts
We're blessed in eastern PA to have so many clubs to shoot at. Not too many places in the country that have cold winters and over 400 shooters in our winter league with 5 host clubs with 4 or more traps within 45 minutes of each other.
Agree! There are more Trap clubs within an hours drive from me here in SE Pennsylvania than I've been able to get to, but one of these days I'll make it a point to shoot there! It's a very fortunate predicament.

Reactions: 22hornet

·
Registered
635 Posts
Having that many clubs would be really nice. I'm 1.5 hours to the closest, but I've got millions of acres of public land right out my door.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Having that many clubs would be really nice. I'm 1.5 hours to the closest, but I've got millions of acres of public land right out my door.
LOL. I like living in PA for the trapshooting, not always for other things like crazy taxes, radical liberals, and crowds. I lived in New Mexico 8 years while in the Air Force, loved the wide open spaces and national forest for hunting and fishing. Fortunately we own a farm and have some buffering from all that.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rob H I don't shoot ATA anymore, our league nights are just regular shoots of twenty five birds. One of our clubs is Jackson sportsmen that have ATA shoots also Bedford County Sportsmen has numerous ATA shoots. Hope this helps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts