Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to wish my birth-state a Happy 175th Birthday! I know that there are a lot of states with older histories then Texas, but you know how we Texans are; just a little vain, and always ever so proud of being from this great state. I have also included a picture of our great states "Lone Star" flag with the words of our state song added to it. Just a little project that seem to come to me while taking pictures of the flag one afternoon. Hope y'all enjoy the pic and sorry for forcing my Texas-born attitude on y'all. Have a great day everyone. Mike* (MH*)

The Texas Declaration of Independence
(March 2, 1836)
The Texas Declaration of Independence was produced, literally, overnight. Its urgency was paramount, because while it was being prepared, the Alamo in San Antonio was under seige by Santa Anna's army of Mexico.

Immediately upon the assemblage of the Convention of 1836 on March 1, a committee of five of its delegates were appointed to draft the document. The committee, consisting of George C. Childress, Edward Conrad, James Gaines, Bailey Hardeman, and Collin McKinney, prepared the declaration in record time. It was briefly reviewed, then adopted by the delegates of the convention the following day.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
**********God Bless Texas**********

They should make a song that says that.......

Matt

·
Registered
520 Posts
I had a man say to me one day "that he was not born in Texas but got here as soon as he could" Being a 4th Generation Texan I didn't blame him.. Bob Roberts

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
Matt just for you and Texas

Bob Lawless

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mbH60wCO-Yw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
someday Texas will grow up and be bigger than the third biggest state in the US!!!

Jeff P.

(now....that's fresh bait, any way you look at it....)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Makes me homesick sitting up here in Wisconsin at a current 12 degrees. Can't wait to get back. Born in Dallas, grew up in San Antonio, worked in Austin and I sure miss it every day.

·
Molon Labe
11,995 Posts
Happy Birthday Texas
From the Frognot metropolitan area

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
I had just read that 2011 was the 175th anniversary of the Alamo. Long and glorious history for Texas and the men that carved the way.

Happy Birthday Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From cold and snowy Iowa, Bill

·
Registered
178 Posts
happy birthday. i wish i could trade govener jerry brown for rick perry even just for a little while. mike thanks for the pictures and the words. tex

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.