Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I once sat on his front porch , looking down over all of DC. No one around except my family and they were behind the house. I thought, Bob, you were a fool to ride off and leave this place.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Friday was Lee-Jackson Day in Virginia.

"State Offices closed for Lee-Jackson and Martin Luther King, Jr Day 2014"

"All State Government Offices will be closed in observance of Lee-Jackson Day, Friday January 17, 2013 and Martin Luther King, Jr. day, Monday January 20, 2013 and will reopen Tuesday January 21, 2013."

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MONDAY IS LEE JACKSON DAY, not Friday.

Lee didn't want to leave his place but he had to fight for Va. He did his duty and lost alot by doing so.

MLK was a trouble maker where ever he went. The History channel did a show on him and the people around him said he was nothing but a bully.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I've read a few books on Robert E Lee , Now from what I read he never owned a place of his own or purchased a place .Arlington was his wifes family's homeplace . Yes Happy Birthday Robert E Lee . My wifes birthday is today as well she is a twin she and her twin both where named after this man ,Linda Lee and Harold Edward . Again this I only what I have read in the past please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Molon Labe
11,993 Posts
Happy B'day Robert E Lee and 1 Oz tell Linda Lee happy birthday too

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Bulge, I sat on a bench on the porch, where the person in the big hat is standing. The house was closed that day and no one there. The house is on top of a high ridge that overlooks all of DC. The value of that property today would be astronomical. I think he had 1800 acres. The columns are sandstone.

Lee had sons in the Confederate army. I think he didn't want to be fighting against his sons in battle. Try to imagine that. If he had stayed with the Union, the war may not have amounted to much.

·
Registered
12,479 Posts
I took that picture and a bunch of others. It's a beautiful piece of property. On an overcast day with few people there it is really peaceful. Bulge.

·
Registered
563 Posts
The Arlington House was actually owned by Lee' father in law, George W. Custis. When Custis died, he left Arlington House to Lee's wife Mary. Lee himself never owned property.

Van

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
No finer man with the morals of a saint fought on either side.

I once was asked if I could meet three people from any time period who would it be. Robert E Lee was one of them.

Happy Birthday my fine sir.......

Blade, people like you would not deserve to be in his presence.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts