Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you wait in line 12 hours for a hamburger? That is what is going on in Aurora Colorado at the new Lot-A Burger located on one of the busiest intersections in the city. Cars backed up 2 miles with lots of traffic cops directing traffic. What a cluster ----. GOOD GRIEF!!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,783 Posts
I had a Lot-A Burger once, in Deming, NM. It was OK but no What-A-Burger. But 12 hours? No way.

Reactions: Cowboy Rick

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
It’s a peaceful protest against vegans. Go join in.

·
Registered
739 Posts
the plan is for them to put 2 0f them in Nashville, I don't eat hamburgers so it doesn't matter to me lot rather have a good fish sandwich

·
Registered
10,341 Posts
I recently had to wait for about 10 cars in line at the golden arches back in April. I just finished shooting and was starved. It was the only place to eat before I got back on the interstate for the drive home.
I can honestly say today. That I would never wait for 10 cars again in a fast food line!!! break em all jeff

·
5,102 Posts
When White Castle came to Las Vegas... it was a zoo... In N Out has quite the following...

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
No, but I just waited about 90 minutes for a free turkey and a bag of rice.
Annual giveaway by the only gas station on the island, $5.199/gallon.

Jason

·
Premium Member
10,783 Posts
Would you wait in line 12 hours for a hamburger? That is what is going on in Aurora Colorado at the new Lot-A Burger located on one of the busiest intersections in the city. Cars backed up 2 miles with lots of traffic cops directing traffic. What a cluster ----. GOOD GRIEF!!!!!
According to this, it wasn't a "Lot-A-Burger" that opened but rather an In-N-Out Burger. Huge difference.

Reactions: pbansen

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I was in Whitehorse, Yukon when the first and only McDonald's opened in the early 80s. I figured that about half the city was in the lineup. Insane.
I'm not one for long lines.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,260 Posts
First McDonalds in Lancaster, Pa. in 1959. We had two sets of thirty-six burgers and buns on the grill at once. Ran that way for 12 hours every Saturday and Sunday. The guys actually loading the grill and doing the flipping had to be rotated out every hour before they fell down. The potato peeling (skinning) machine never stopped and the fries barely got cold after blanching before they went back into the grease to get finished. I was young and foolish enough to drag those 100 pound bags of fresh spuds up the incline board from the cellar a couple times an hour.

Lines 50 people deep at each of four windows and nobody ordered one of anything. No drive thru in those days, all face to face.

Burger was fifteen cents, cheeseburger was seventeen and fries (one size only) were nine cents. Most expensive thing on the menu was a milk shake at a quarter.

In an eight hour shift, we were entitled to one burger, one order of fries and one drink. We invented the triple cheeseburger, the orange dreamsicle shake and you'd be surprised how many fries we could cram into that flimsy little paper holder.

Good times and no computers to tell us how much change to hand out!

Mike Mann

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 37 Posts