Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bob a long time Trap shooting enthuses brought out his personal note and diagrams to aide me. He told me of many fantasy people who help design the Club. Vince McNamara was one he praised for his electrical engineering plans. He had a long list.
We talked about the club's beginnings at the present locate for about an hour. He still has a great love for shooting sports.
Someone told him I was working on the Trap shooting side of the club. He said that it raised his spirits , gave me his personal phone number .
I have had support from current and former club members and I want to thank all of you. Lots of work to do.
So much learning to absorb from club members that have run this gauntlet for our club and all the shooting sports we serve.

Steve

·
Registered
197 Posts
Bob is really a nice guy and a good shooter. Shot on quite a few squads with him at Kern County when they were doing ATA shoots.

Al
Ridgecrest,CA

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob is really a nice guy and a good shooter. Shot on quite a few squads with him at Kern County when they were doing ATA shoots.

Al
Ridgecrest,CA
That is one of the reasons he came out. Lots of repair and cleaning up machines I am working on.
He had a mask on and is able to walk short distance. He knows so much
I hope I can make him smile again.
Steve

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
Nice to hear in this day and age. That someone is willing to put in the time and effort, to bring back a ole club to its former Glory!!! I wish you and your club all the best. break em all Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMG_2496.jpg
IMG_2521.jpg
IMG_2495.jpg
Nice to hear in this day and age. That someone is willing to put in the time and effort, to bring back a ole club to its former Glory!!! I wish you and your club all the best. break em all Jeff
Cleaning out trap houses and if I can find the inventory seeing what works.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
It's a shame this happened to the club. Once a beautiful club when we built it. All the money and time so many people put in to it wasted

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a shame this happened to the club. Once a beautiful club when we built it. All the money and time so many people put in to it wasted
1-4 have minor problems. Either no Pat trap of no hydrologic. The fuses are missing. I am guessing they should be 15 screw in not 20 or 30. 7 looks good but no fuze. Lots of rust.
At least I won't be bored.
Came home to get my shotgun to shoot. One speaker out on the only working field. .
Will figure out the problem when I know go back and shoot. Plugged several speaks into that plug does not work.

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Looks like the doors on the Trap hours haven't been closed in years. Dug threw a foot of broken clays and dirt to get to the hinges . Rusted shut. Sprayed the break free. I wandered to the c train that has the trap equipment. Most of it tossed in corners making way for (Restaurant) equipment??
Found something right off That Bob had checked out . Found 18 so far. What does the wireless part in the trap houses look like?

Something good also happen When I got back from lunch one of the older Skeet shooters was cleaning out a trap house. He worked his butt off. In his late seventies. He looked at me and me and said we all have to work together to make this a better place.

Steve
IMG_2537.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts