Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
Last night, I had a glass of wine and started watching television around 11pm. I woke up at 3am and attempted to get up from my recliner and the entire room was spinning as I literally could not stand up without falling.

I crawled over to the couch and wondered what was wrong? I was totally disoriented and I started yelling for my wife to help me and she came running and I told her what was going on.

I'm a big guy, not tall, but for my weight I should probably be around 8 foot 4" according to one of those charts attached to the scales at the 5 and 10 stores years ago.

I usually do not drink as one beer usually affects me negatively. Some of my medications were recently changed by my physician, and sorry to say I did not read the literature that I received from the pharmacist when I picked them up, as previous warnings usually stated that you could catch anything from Ebola to zits and it scared me.

It stated "DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL WITH THIS MEDICATION". It also had many other warnings listed, and for now on I will NEVER drink any alcohol while taking any medication as I thought I was going to die last night as I got violently ill and came very close to calling 911 for help.

Anyone else ever have an adverse drug reactions in the past?
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Registered
801 Posts
Went to the hospital for a back operation,three day out the nurse comes in to start a morphine drip for pain. I told her I didnt need it as I felt fine. Doctors orders she says. Tem minutes later,blood pressure 20/30,and I end up in coma for over a week. By the grace of God,I made it through.I'd say thats a bit of a reaction.You got to watch those meds. Feel beter...Ray

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Steve,

I have talked with folks who have that sort of reaction by mixing Ambien and small amounts of alcohol. I'm sure other medications can have those types of effects.

Danny

·
Molon Labe
11,993 Posts
A few months ago the VA changed vendors on one of my blood pressure pills, I guess the second vendor really put the good stuff in the pills, I started getting dizzy all the time, my wife thought it was low blood sugar as that has happened a few time but one night I was going go grease the Bush Hog, I stood up and passed out, sprained the $hit out of my right knee, when I finally got inside the house my wife checked my BP, it was 60 something over 40 something, I get good control using 1/4 of the pill I was taking. Before I was taking two of them a day

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ray:
Now that's scarey, glad you made it.
Steve

Danny:
My previous doctor (now retired) lost his son years ago as he took some drug some kid gave him while at college and he was drinking at the time. There was a very adverse reaction and he died.
Steve

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Steve: What did you eat for supper? My wife has developed symptoms like that after she has eaten food with MSG.

blade819

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
Steve, even McDonald's employee site said that was unhealthy.

I had a vertigo episode last year, after numerous scans and tests they didn' know anything.

HM

·
Registered
374 Posts
Picture a half empty bottle of water laying on it's side, the water is equalized. Then stand it up and all the water goes to the bottom. That's what happens to your blood~~no blood to the brain and you get dizzy.

I take Obamacare ~Mich

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Steve, I believe Longsh!t has taken the title from you for 2013. You're going to have to come up with better stuff next year.

·
Registered
93 Posts
This thread just reminded me that I forgot to take my BP meds this morning. And I've been up and about since 5:10 AM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts