Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the weather was crappy and I just figured time to hit it hard for the day. Went through 8#of powder in a day. I am using a auto drive on a 800 plus....went 3ooo rounds before one missed primer! Actually made a whole day non issues... Now if I could only get my kids to box them up:147:

Whats your record day of loading?

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
With the progressive loader, box them can take more time than loading.
When I reload, I box every 100 primers. It gets me something else to focus on.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
SHhhhhhhhhhhh don't say anything . you will be accused of having an arsenal and manufacturing plant............

·
Registered
124 Posts
6 flats and I had a few "luckys" when I was done as I forgot a wad.

Certainly nowhere near 8lbs of powder. No auto drive either so I got to ice my shoulder and coupled with 2 Aleve caplets, I slept very well!

·
Registered
893 Posts
I've gotten more picky about the condition of purchased once fired hulls that I use for reloading. Some get stepped on, others have little to no crimp memory probably due to being shot in large chambers (repeaters) and others have grass/debris from being ejected on the ground. With that said my routine with a PW 800 conv. with hydraulics with updated shot and powder hopper, homemade hull and wad hoppers that each hold ~500 and a 300 ct. primer tray all filled up is loading non-stop just under 300 shotshells. Then it's time to grab a handful @ a time (usually 7-8 shells) and turn my hand end for end and check the primer end and crimp end of each and every one, then box them. Might repeat this 2- 3 times in a day if I'm in the mood. By being picky on the condition of the hulls I've greatly reduced the # of reloads that don't have perfect crimps. Less than perfect get boxed up as practice shells. Also clean the primer feed ram and groove with a bronze brush every once in a while and this will all but eliminate a missed primer drop. Seems de-primed hulls moving to the primer station can drop a small amount of very fine crud into the primer station, (burnt powder residue).

·
Banned
365 Posts
The only thing that puts the brakes on the Spolar is having to "re-fill".
The primer tray and track hold a little over 400. I stop at 300 & fill the shot & powder (if necessary) and top-off the primers, dump the primer can and put a few drops of oil on the swab.
Speed is not my first priority but I get the following results;
roughly'
12 gauge = 750-800/ hour including re-fueling (I figure 100 rounds every 7 minutes for 12 gauge)
20 gauge = 725-775/ hour
28 gauge = 700-750/ hour
.410 bore = 600-650/ hour (the little ones require more of my attention but far less re-fueling)

·
Vendor
19,786 Posts
Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
By the livin' Gawd that made you,
You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

·
Supporting Vendor
1,262 Posts
I once reclaimed over 40,000 pounds of lead shot in a day but I reloaded it into 55 gallon drums and 3,000 pounds per shell (drum). But 1 1/8 ounce at a time. That's a lot of work. Lol

Reactions: Leo

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
8 lbs of powder! Wth a basic 17 grain load that is 3300 shells. I am not even throwing my hat in the ring on that one. I loose interest after 20 or 30 boxes. You are number 1!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts