Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see where San Diego elected a Republican to fill the term of mayor.

San Diego is now the largest city in the country with a Republican mayor.

I gotta go get some snow tires, something just froze over.

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
We have a new neighbor, he bought the 100 acres just north of me that I screwed around to long before I decided I want to buy it, and he is from San Diego, his wife and him say they are conservatives, but he hasn't really done anything to prove it, but they came over for lunch one day and they seem to be conservative

The reason they are moving to Texas is because of the stupid stuff they had to put up with in Ca, he has a construction bidness and his wife had taken over the HVAC bidness he dad started, so now I have competition next door LOL

·
Registered
72 Posts
There's actually quite a few conservatives in San Diego. We have a large active duty and retired military population here and we vote conservative. That being said conservatives are leaving California in droves. Already bought my retirement place in Tucson.

The mayoral campaign was nasty at the end with the unions dumping $4.5 million into their golden boys ad campaign only to have him lose by 10 points.

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
Bisi, that is what I told him, and he assured me he was liberal, but we will have to see

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I'm right behind you sddutchman so save me a place. My east county San Diego property is for sale and as soon as It sells I'm going to become a free Arizonan.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
It remains to be seen if the new mayor is a real Republican or a RINO.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
To the multitudes that have said "What has San Diego come to"? I say San Diego has come too! (thanks to the late Paul Harvey for a good line) ed

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
The Mayor in our fine city of San Diego was elected by people that live in the city of San Diego. We are very lucky that there were enough conservatives left in the city to have elected a conservative. The people that live outside the city (in the county of San Diego) did not get to vote for the Mayor. This is where all the conservatives live (like me) and if we had been able to vote it would have been a landslide victory.

What's even better is our new Mayor beat out an openly queer candidate in a previous run off election to see who the Republican candidate would be. That queer candidate is now upping his sights and is trying to get elected to serve in our country's Congress. What do you want to bet that he gets elected because of the Obama pro-gay stance? Never forget this face folks. He's running his campaign along side his butt buddy...
bucko43_2008_0108167.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts