Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have been waiting patiently for a GWP pup but the breeder that we're working with moved about 10 states west, so now we're looking for another option in the Midwest. Does anybody know of any good wirehair breeders in MI, IL, WI, or IN (or MN)?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I think Don Duel in Canton Illinois still raises a few. He owns Gobblers Knob hunting club. You can look that up and find him there. I dont have his number with me.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I know of a breeder in Idaho that has some pretty amazing dogs with litters on the way. Little bit farther. But I think my next gwp will come from Bachman Bay Kennels.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very good, thanks guys! I'll look those two up. Not opposed to something out west, but would prefer not to have to fly (or drive three days) with a new pup if possible.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Are you looking for a GWP or a true Drahthaar. Jim and Jack Wilson have Drahthaars. They take dogs to Germany most years to get tested.
vom Wiredhaus Drahthaar | vom Vogejager Drathaar | Specialty Dog Breeding - Sioux Falls, SD
I have hunted with the Wilson's for about ten years. Absolutely fabulous dogs. These dogs hunts everything. Feather, fur and antlers. Tremendous temperment for house dogs. Hunt all day and incredibly tough.
PM me if you need more info.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha! Good lookin' pup there. Nothing wrong with Griffons in general; they just tend to have longer coats and we're looking for a shorter coat. Personal preference, that's all ;-)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Haha! Good lookin' pup there. Nothing wrong with Griffons in general; they just tend to have longer coats and we're looking for a shorter coat. Personal preference, that's all ;-)
I get that. But Ive seen some gwp that are really close exept for the beard.

·
Registered
16 Posts
elsea pup.jpg
I think this is what your looking for. She is out of a kennel in Montana . Sadly the are no longer breading she was from there last litter and I'm so happy to have her

1 - 13 of 13 Posts