Trapshooters Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
I told the shooters here on TS.com for the last 2 1/2 to 3 years that the crap was going to hit the fan and to stock up on shells. I doubt I got 2 shooters on here to listen to me. Seems to me that everyone thought the low prices were going to last forever. I knew better. break em all jeff
I was one who listens to others and I have enough components for 7000+ shells and 8 or so flats of factory ammo yet. I haven’t fired a shot in over a year but always think I will again. I still own way too many trap guns but it’s hard to call it quits. I’m sure there are many guys on here in the same boat. It’s hard to pull the plug after enjoying it for over 40 years. Always thinking we’ll get better is the culprit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was one who listens to others and I have enough components for 7000+ shells and 8 or so flats of factory ammo yet. I haven’t fired a shot in over a year but always think I will again. I still own way too many trap guns but it’s hard to call it quits. I’m sure there are many guys on here in the same boat. It’s hard to pull the plug after enjoying it for over 40 years. Always thinking we’ll get better is the culprit.
Academy in Winston Salem not a single shell in the store .

·
Premium Member
4,100 Posts
Well Dr set my cancer surgery for the 24th of June. Doesn’t want me sun burned before he cuts me up.
Looks like the California state shoot will be a no go.
Steve

·
Registered
22,745 Posts
Well Dr set my cancer surgery for the 24th of June. Doesn’t want me sun burned before he cuts me up.
Looks like the California state shoot will be a no go.
Steve
Good luck with the surgery Steve.

Reactions: davidsy

·
Registered
54 Posts
Redland shooting park for reclaimed. Ballistic products(just got some last week)and precision reloading for new. Scheels also has some in their stores around me for $40/bag.
Scheels around here are selling 25 lb. bags of shot for $85.00! PRICE GOUGING!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here's my suggestion in regards to helping out friends. If you have "extra", tell them you will loan it to them with the understanding that they will replace it. The caveat being, when it comes time that YOU need it back, if the price and availability hasn't returned to normal, they must procure you replacements at whatever cost is required, meaning if they need to pay someone else 500 bucks for an 8lb keg of powder in a year to replace what they borrowed, so be it. Having a signed contract here wouldn't be a terrible idea either, people tend to get forgetful when they owe you. If they aren't willing to do that, too bad so sad for them. Otherwise you will likely find yourself at the short end of the stick when your supplies run out and now you have to stop shooting, even though you planned ahead years ago and bought a bunch and now you have "friends" crawling out of the woodwork to gobble up your nestegg. At the end of the day, remember, no good deed goes unpunished.
Sounds like a good way to lose some friends to me! Are you willing to let this happen?

·
Registered
22,745 Posts
Sounds like a good way to lose some friends to me! Are you willing to let this happen?
Suggest a better way given the circumstance outlined. Run yourself out of ammo just to keep a “friend”? Are you willing to run out of ammo?

·
Premium Member
11,835 Posts
Scheels around here are selling 25 lb. bags of shot for $85.00! PRICE GOUGING!!!
Is it Eagle? Local Scheels is the only place I have seen around that has any shot. Curiously, they had no price tags, and I never did ask. Will next time.

·
Registered
22,745 Posts
Been 12 years
Since the radiation treatments
Been lucky I guess
Catch it early and keep on top of it. I hate the disease with a passion I can’t reach for anything else.

·
Registered
22,745 Posts
I preferred one at a time unless the object was “to demonstrate fire superiority”.

·
Premium Member
11,835 Posts
Is it Eagle? Local Scheels is the only place I have seen around that has any shot. Curiously, they had no price tags, and I never did ask. Will next time.
Scheels in Omaha had Eagle for $50 a bag.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The regulars at my club have thinned out a bit. Most can't find factory shells in Southern California and if they do there's a 2 box limit. More and more you're only seeing the guys week after week that reload and had components on hand. I've cut back to once or twice a week and only 2 rounds at a time.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts