Trapshooters Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
We have some ammo available at our club for shoot nights but 95% or more of our shooters bring their own ammo which is good, we might sell 6 or 7 flats of ammo during the course of the year to visiting shooters, we have never really been big on ammo sales. We do make a bit on our ammo but really nothing to make us rich $1.50 a box over cost.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just when I think there’s a break in the action it turns full circle once again. About ten days ago I was able to buy .22 ammo for about 9.5 cents, ten days later it’s back in that 12cent range. Of course that’s taking all things into consideration, shipping, tax.....Shotgun Shells still aren’t available, consistently at a decent price. My closest Walmart is 30 miles away and they’ve had nothing, for months now.

·
Registered
14,098 Posts
Here's my suggestion in regards to helping out friends. If you have "extra", tell them you will loan it to them with the understanding that they will replace it. The caveat being, when it comes time that YOU need it back, if the price and availability hasn't returned to normal, they must procure you replacements at whatever cost is required, meaning if they need to pay someone else 500 bucks for an 8lb keg of powder in a year to replace what they borrowed, so be it. Having a signed contract here wouldn't be a terrible idea either, people tend to get forgetful when they owe you. If they aren't willing to do that, too bad so sad for them. Otherwise you will likely find yourself at the short end of the stick when your supplies run out and now you have to stop shooting, even though you planned ahead years ago and bought a bunch and now you have "friends" crawling out of the woodwork to gobble up your nestegg. At the end of the day, remember, no good deed goes unpunished.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes, I've cut way down. Singles only instead of singles and handicap when I go. Components hard to come by. Cheap factory ammo hard to come by. The new licensee of Remington ammo is cranking out their ammo and primers out of Arkansas again after the whole Remington bankruptcy fallout, so maybe those products will hit the shelves to slake the thirst soon.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Yes, I've cut way down. Singles only instead of singles and handicap when I go. Components hard to come by. Cheap factory ammo hard to come by. The new licensee of Remington ammo is cranking out their ammo and primers out of Arkansas again after the whole Remington bankruptcy fallout, so maybe those products will hit the shelves to slake the thirst soon.
Let's hope so. What doesn't make sense is that both Federal and Remington claim they are in full production, yet after months, little or nothing is appearing on the shelves. Where it is going? The same holds true for components. Where is that going?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Let's hope so. What doesn't make sense is that both Federal and Remington claim they are in full production, yet after months, little or nothing is appearing on the shelves. Where it is going? The same holds true for components. Where is that going?
I believe that they are telling the truth. The hoarding must stop. My local gun dealer says that he will bring in a truckload of ammo, and before they've even got the truck unloaded people are there to buy it all up. By the end of the day, he's out again. So at least from my dealer's experience, the manufacturers are cranking it out, but people are buying it at retailers as soon as they stock it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I believe that they are telling the truth. The hoarding must stop. My local gun dealer says that he will bring in a truckload of ammo, and before they've even got the truck unloaded people are there to buy it all up. By the end of the day, he's out again. So at least from my dealer's experience, the manufacturers are cranking it out, but people are buying it at retailers as soon as they stock it.
Whatever hoarding that is going on definitely isn't helping, and I'm afraid you're right. There are too many doing that to the detriment of the shooting sports as a whole.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Whatever hoarding that is going on definitely isn't helping, and I'm afraid you're right. There are too many doing that to the detriment of the shooting sports as a whole.
And I think a lot of retailers even have limits on how many can be bought at a time, but it doesn't matter. People will bring their whole family up to individually buy the maximum amount. It doesn't really matter what you do to try to combat hoarding. People are just going to do it.

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
I have not heard of any dealers who are receiving truck loads of ammo or even a truck load period.

Who is or what is the name of this store you speak of? What brand of ammo is he receiving truck loads of?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Health issues as of late have made me curtail shotgun shooting for good.

I still kept 4 flats on hand thinking Maybe, just maybe I could try shooting again.

Wife told me to get rid of the temptation, so I got in touch with my club and the president came to my house and picked up the 4 flats for the guys who had none to shoot.

Sold them to the club for what I paid, and hopefully some of the new guys who had none, were able to do some shooting this week.

Hope some others in the same boat as I am will consider getting rid of their "Temptations" also for those in need.
Good job sir, well done.

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Shoot trap on Wednesday or Thursday and pistol on the weekend. Surprised at the number of people at the pistol range. Lots of women. They must be getting ammo somewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
I was in BassPro in Broken Arrow Ok. They had some Federal and Winchester AA. Quite a few 4 packs. Prices seemed to be about a $1.50 a box higher than normal. I didn’t see a limit on how much you could buy but I didn’t buy any either as I have a decent stash already. It was nice to at least see some ammunition on the shelves.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm down to 150 rounds. I have been cutting back to 50 rounds a day shooting only two days a week for several months now and it shows. I have 1300 primers, 1000 wads, enough powder for about 1200 rounds, but no shot. No shot available anywhere. I refuse to pay $98 a bag for shot at some online scalpers. All online sources for factory rounds dried up months ago. Two Wally Worlds within ten miles with empty shelves. So three more trips to the club and I'm done until things open up. Sucks, don't it.
I have shoot I can sell you for 45 bucks a bag you pay shipping

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Found a few boxes AA’s at Walmart, price has increased from 7.87 to 8.76, still not bad since I had not seen any ammo in months.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts