Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm down to 150 rounds. I have been cutting back to 50 rounds a day shooting only two days a week for several months now and it shows. I have 1300 primers, 1000 wads, enough powder for about 1200 rounds, but no shot. No shot available anywhere. I refuse to pay $98 a bag for shot at some online scalpers. All online sources for factory rounds dried up months ago. Two Wally Worlds within ten miles with empty shelves. So three more trips to the club and I'm done until things open up. Sucks, don't it.
You can get new shot delivered for 56/bag or reclaimed for 37.50/ bag right now.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Health issues as of late have made me curtail shotgun shooting for good.

I still kept 4 flats on hand thinking Maybe, just maybe I could try shooting again.

Wife told me to get rid of the temptation, so I got in touch with my club and the president came to my house and picked up the 4 flats for the guys who had none to shoot.

Sold them to the club for what I paid, and hopefully some of the new guys who had none, were able to do some shooting this week.

Hope some others in the same boat as I am will consider getting rid of their "Temptations" also for those in need.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
So maybe.....had you not gone “ overboard”, and “ bought everything in sight”....there might have been something left for your buddies. Just a thought.
No first come first serve. Being given the chance to check ever day and the help of others on this forum the rest of you should have been trying a little harder.
Steve

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Had to cut my 4H kiddos back on how much we were shooting. Had a generous donation that helped out but with 8 or 9 shooters each week they been going through the shells pretty quick. I’ve got a decent personal stash that I’ll get into for them if we run short. One good thing about this situation is that they have been getting more of the shotgun basics book information covered than we usually do along with some hands on visuals working on leads and other drills we do without firing the guns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
So I’m selling a little bit of my stash at old prices a little at a time to keep them going.
If I were you. I would give them a small amount of ammo. Just make them replace the ammo they borrowed from you when prices reach there new norm. Just make sure they are good friends when you do this.

I told the shooters here on TS.com for the last 2 1/2 to 3 years that the crap was going to hit the fan and to stock up on shells. I doubt I got 2 shooters on here to listen to me. Seems to me that everyone thought the low prices were going to last forever. I knew better. break em all jeff

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
If I were you. I would give them a small amount of ammo. Just make them replace the ammo they borrowed from you when prices reach there new norm. Just make sure they are good friends when you do this.

I told the shooters here on TS.com for the last 2 1/2 to 3 years that the crap was going to hit the fan and to stock up on shells. I doubt I got 2 shooters on here to listen to me. Seems to me that everyone thought the low prices were going to last forever. I knew better. break em all jeff
I sure did. I am not a horder I could see this coming. Another rise in prices from Roto metals

Balastic has had me on back order for 15 14oz 700x since February

·
Premium Member
Krieghoff K80
364 Posts
Health issues as of late have made me curtail shotgun shooting for good.

I still kept 4 flats on hand thinking Maybe, just maybe I could try shooting again.

Wife told me to get rid of the temptation, so I got in touch with my club and the president came to my house and picked up the 4 flats for the guys who had none to shoot.

Sold them to the club for what I paid, and hopefully some of the new guys who had none, were able to do some shooting this week.

Hope some others in the same boat as I am will consider getting rid of their "Temptations" also for those in need.
I am so sorry about your health issues that has stopped you from shooting. I have back problems and it makes it hard for me to get around. I am hoping it doesn't stop me from shooting.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
I may be done til this blows over. I’m saving what I have for some shoots I do annually but no more weekly shooting for me. I have 4 flats left and enough to load maybe 5 or 6 more. This is ridiculous already. I’ll spend more time on the boat. I paid $95 for a flat of STS today only because I actually found one. I recently had a comb installed on my CX and haven’t even shot it yet.

·
Premium Member
3,317 Posts
I shot with a young man a couple weeks ago who was using a Benelli and letting his empties fly. We are in Minnesota mind you, Federal cartridge is just on the road.

After the round, I noticed the empties were brand new Federal papers. I said “you must work at Federal!” He said “No, but my wife does!” and gave me a wink. Super funny.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Shooting is most certainly down at the clubs I frequent. You can see guys shooting one or two rounds that used to shoot 3 or 4 rounds. People that used to come over that shot mostly skeet or trap are not shooting the occasional round of the one they only shoot once in awhile. People are saving shells to make sure they have enough for league rounds or any shoots they want to go to.

Personally, I started to stock up on components last summer as I wasn't sure which way the election was going to bring us. Continued to do so through the winter before you couldn't find anything. I shoot what I want as much as I always did and I am mostly supplied for most of next season as well. Too many people just don't want to tie their money in things that can't get the instant gratification of using it right now. I didn't hoard a single thing. I planned ahead for what could have happened and sad to report, it did.

·
Premium Member
19,558 Posts
I'm not shooting because we are in the process of moving, and I need a new left hip. Sometimes it is hard for me to stand for 15 minutes.

·
Vendor
882 Posts
Our team goes through 2,100 shells per week. I reduced the season by 1 week and the grant from the NRA carried us through. Thank the Lord for the NRA!!!

I don’t know the numbers, but hear round count is down at our club. So frustrating as it’s another hurdle facing local sportsmen’s clubs. All the more reason to think outside the box on growth and sustainability - which I’m learning are sometimes four letter words at the club, haha!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I stopped shooting two months ago because the SCTP team I help with was getting short of shells and this years shells have not shown up. There are two local shops that are getting a delivery about once a month and are now setting a couple cases aside for us. Gave most of my primers to another coach that is reloading 410 and 28s so the little guys have shells. Saw some water fowl load stay on the shelf about a week at another store. A couple of other stores that have a small sporting goods section get ammo in every week and I am seeing it stay on the shelf longer. Local Walmart always empty shelves. I think the price increase and Remington back on line is starting to slow it down.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Our club just scored on 10 cases this weekend from a members private stash. We had been totally out and have not been able to find any to buy . One member has been going to the Walmart stores most every day and has been able to find a few shells here and there to keep the club going, but Walmart is limiting him to only being able to buy a couple of four packs per day , if he can even find them.

It is definitely getting hard for the clubs to stay open when they have no shells to offer . We are all praying that this shortage will come to a end soon, but in the mean time we will keep struggling to find away .

21 - 40 of 84 Posts