Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have decided to do this. I don't need all the negative I know what could happen I just want some ideas on who you would send it to if it was you and you was determined to get it fixed. This is my bt99 plus that needs the rib realigned. It will need to be removed and moved over in line with the receiver as it should be and reattached. Again I don't need negatives just someone you would trust with the task.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Simmons Gunsmiths in Olathe, KS., builds custom barrels, and installs their custom ribs on about anything that shoots, if you desire. They surely should be able to reinstall your rib.

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have emailed midwest gun works and they said they would do it with a guarantee it would be right so I asked for their FFL and where to send it and they fail to answer the email. It took several emails just to get them to answer if they could do it. Maybe their busy or something I don't know.

OldRemFan do you have any contact info on Simmons? Never mind I found it on line.

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sent them details and asked for quotes. Thanks guys. Plays with the mind if something isn't just right and if it plays with the mind you miss targets. Frien of mine where I shoot bent his rib ever so slightly on his bt 100 stainless and he is very disturbed about it and won't even shoot any of the backers anymore. Thanks again for the info and anymore suggestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Send it to Midwest themselves. They are a Browning Authorized repair place. You are not selling the gun so no FFL exchange needs to take place. They will then send it right back to you as well. The gun is not changing ownership so it does not need to go to a FFL.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I have had several shotguns repaired and/or upgraded by Midwest Gun Works. All was done in a timely manner and was/is very good work.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Art's Gun & Sports Shop in Hillsboro Missouri. Phone: 636/944-3630 Web page:
www.artsgunshop.com

Brownings are Art's specialty and he has a 35 year history working on Brownings and does beautiful work. Check out his web site and give him a call.

Surfer

·
Slacker
172 Posts
Art's Sport Shop would be my choice as well. They knocked my 1965 Auto-5 20ga out of the park. Unbelievable the quality of the refinish, most people cannot tell it isn't all original.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
jmunsell,

FedEx doesn't need to know if there is an FFL involved or not under any shipping circumstance. All they need to know is what and to where. I say the what part because you need to make sure to pay for insurance to cover your butt if they (God forbid) lose your gun.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My Citori GTi is on its way back from Midwest Gun Works now. They did the work I requested in a reasonable amount of time and cost. Supposedly UPS will deliver it Thursday and I'll know how well it was done. I did call before sending it off to them to make sure they would handle it.

My only reservation is shipping this time of year. I would get it off right away or wait until after the new year.

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gun is on it's way into Midwest gun works. Their the ones that installed it in the first place that way.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts