Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is making release triggers for a Remington model 1100? I know about Phillip's Gunsmithing in Texas, anyone else out there?

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Phillip just upgraded his Remington style release. It feels stunningly close to my factory Krieghoff. Don't let anyone else do it.
What did he change to improve the trigger. Is is worth sending him a new trigger rather than buying a Timney or Schwab?

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Don't know, call him and ask. My old style triggers he converted are nice, but the new style is simply awesome. He told me he would upgrade my older releases at no charge. This man is one you want to patronize.

·
Sky Buster
4,121 Posts
Phillip just upgraded his Remington style release. It feels stunningly close to my factory Krieghoff. Don't let anyone else do it.
I don't understand how any one's 1100 release could feel close to a Krieghoff or
Perazzi, Ljutic, etc. The 1100 trigger is exceedingly slow, not so with the other's.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Send him one and you will see. The Krieghoff has a quicker lock time, but Phillip's updated release feels wonderful, as does the Krieghoff. The sets are very close, and the Phillips release is not quite as fast as the K-gun, but they feel a lot alike. I don't release like I press a trigger, so I do not feel any creep in a release.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
What makes a Remington 1100 release crisp and fast is no travel when you release. That can be adjusted with a set screw in the trigger guard. A trigger shoe can do it sometimes. My Schwab trigger was made that way. It is a lot like a Perazzi trigger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts