Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find a gunsmith in NW IL area to install a graco LOP recoil shock system. can't find anyone anywhere. I used to go to our Davenport IA Gander Mountain gunsmith but I just found out today they have done away with all but 6 stores with gunsmiths and the other stores mail everything to one of those six stores. Seeral other area gunsmiths will not install graco because of cutting the stock. I dont want to ship my gun somewhere and also then have them guess my length of pull. Willing to drive an hour or so if I have to. Thanks

·
Vendor
19,648 Posts
Easy, since you said NW Illinois... Just over the border by about 5 miles south of Monroe, WI is Larry Wehinger*. Not only can he do the job perfectly for you but he is an excellent stock fitter. Adn if you are not familiar with the name, he is twice Wisconsin Singles Champ and his wife was just this past year inducted into the ATA HOF.

He can cut your stock, he can install the unit, he has them in stock and his shop is a really fun place to visit. His phone is

608-328-4339

* pronounced Wee' ing er

Tell him Jack said hello.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
MIA: FYI Northwest Illinois means Rockford, McHenry, Cary, Carpentersville. Anything farther than that we consider eastern Iowa.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey coveybuster - where is this keith heeg at and how do I get his phone number? I talked to Larry Wehinger and thats prob where I will end up taking it but he seemed a little expensive. Thanks for the help from NW IL and I guess eastern Iowa.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I'll second Larry, he does great work.

tony

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.