Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gunsmith aims to return guns

It's hunting season in Nebraska but some gun owners have been left unarmed. Months ago they sent in weapons for repair and are unable to track down the gunsmith.

Instead of hunting game birds, Jim Cholewa takes another shot at getting his shotgun from the shop where he took it for repairs last April. Jim said, "I knock like crazy, morning, lunch hour evening."

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Ongoing drama. I'm glad I got mine back. And frankly, he did a great job. Just took a year and a lot of hassles.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
It's tough getting old. Once your health starts to go, everything else has to take a back seat. Hope, somehow, everyone ends up happy.:(

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
It's a tough situation there. Sometimes people retire too early; sometimes they don't know when it is time to retire........

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think it's a sad state when these places are forced to close. I wonder if the owners of gunsmith shops would take on an apprentice to learn the trade to keep the doors and reputation open? I understand kids today have no real interest in learning the trade. I think it would be great if a shop like this would advertise that they would hire an apprentice. I for one would love to apprentice under Phillip or any of the other well know smiths and I'm 45 years old.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
No excuse for a gun to have been at a shop for 7 months let alone the one sitting there for 3 years. That's pathetic business practices.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I could write a book about such gunsmiths. I don't have all of my guns back yet. Some are worth thousands of dollars and have been gone for years. Lawyers don't help, county attorneys don't help. I don't have a clue what will help.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
It's not just gunsmiths. This happens in every business where one person runs the entire operation. Builders, roofers, painters, lawyers, etc.
When the workload overwhelms the person doing it, sometimes they just walk away. Not a justification, just an explanation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts