Trapshooters Forum banner

Guns in Cars legal in Idaho

2083 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  cubancigar2000
They just passed a new law here in Idaho. Employers can no longer ask you to not bring guns to work. You by law will be able to have them in your car. We do have some legislators here that are Pro gun. Obviously you need a Concealed Carry permit to have it in the car anyway but now employers cannot fire you if you have it on their property in your car.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,398 Posts
I'm as pro 2nd amendment as anybody, but isn't this law a blow agaisnt property rights? Aren't you telling property owners that they cannot dictate what happens on their own property?

Don't know about this law.

· Registered
523 Posts
If the property owner wants to guarantee my protection I will be glad not to carry on his property. Walmart decided that complete protection was impossible after a couple of lawsuits and removed the signs forbidding you to carry on their property.

Soon as I have that guarantee I will no longer carry.

· Registered
10,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vern, I have not read the law in completely yet but I believe it is a blanket to be interepted that an employer has not right to fire you for having gun in your vehicle even though it is their property. Idaho people got together and decided it was a second ammendment infrigement. I don't know many people here that don't have guns. There are very few anti gun folks but it all started with Hewlett Packard supposedly firing a person for having a gun in their car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.