21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,908 Posts
Col
You said
1 removed all washers.
2 lowered rib all the way.
3 have space between beads ( no figure 8)
& space between beads.
4 shoots way to high.

I think your comb is too high.
You could have one made that's shorter or possibly a soft top comb.

When you get it set the rib mid way and set comb up for your preferred sight picture.

Others stated that you could move the rib up.
They are correct but you will make the space between your beads more exaggerated.
Henry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
I want to thank you all for your comments. Some of the comments are too technical for me to comprehend. The exchange of opinions makes me damn proud to be in this great nation! The wit and humor is refreshing!

I will have to read and reread your comments as I tinker with the gun hoping that I could make the adjustments on my own with the minuscule shotgun knowledge that I have. If everything fails then I think I need a professional gun fitter’s advice or just sell the gun, losing some money, of course! My utmost gratitude sirs!

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,410 Posts
And maintain a figure 8? I’m sure with the comb jacked up, yea, 100% would be doable.
I can also vouch for this. I cranked the front of the rib all the way down and back into the up position. Added a few spacers in the comb until I had a figure of 8 again. Shooting 100/0.

I don’t have pattern photos on my phone but next time I’m out at the club I’ll shoot a couple extra on the grease board.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I guess I did my Multi-Target a little different. I moved the rib then chased it with the comb so I could see straight down the rib, mid rib behind the front sight. I kept patterning the Beretta in this method until I got the pattern I wanted, in my case, 50/50 (sporting clays).
What I tried first, as a machinist, was to level my barrels on my Browning 525 sporting (it shot flat), measured the taper on it, then adjusted the taper on the Beretta rib to match it. (Used a layout table, dial indicator, etc.) Took it out and patterned both guns, wow, the Beretta shot much lower than Browning. Adjusted the Beretta rib until they both hit in the same spot. Needless to say, my precision measurements did not work, you would have thought they would have shot in the same place.
BTW, I could not get my comb low enough so I bought a set, shim and matching washer, to lower the stock. Then I could get my comb where I wanted it. Love shooting it. My 2 cents worth. Regards, Bob

21 - 24 of 24 Posts