Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was ripped off on gunbroker, i am sending this thread to keep others from being ripped off.Here is how it works you bid on an item,your bid is below reserve , you receive a email supposedly from the owner (give me your best bid)you give your best bid he accepts ,he sends an official looking set of instructions from gunbroker,how to pay, explaining there is an escrow,according to these instructions you send western union I realize my mistake, DON'T MAKE THIS MISTAKE, THIS IS A SCAM.
William Glaser

· Registered
21,601 Posts
The problem with these whale crap of people is they make things feel so natural and prey on people who are maybe new to things or are not sure how things normally work. I assure you that if Mr. Glaser would have seen the flashing "SCAM" sign he wouldn't have taken the bait. That is the way these bloodsuckers work. I must admit that i'm not sure i wouldn't have taken the same worm.----Matt

· Registered
3,550 Posts
Thanks William, I know how your feel. A close friend of mine lost $1500.00 while trying to buy a golf cart on ebay. It happens unfortunately and usually there is no recourse. Ebay basically laughed at him. Jackie B.

· Registered
1,563 Posts
if you check e-bay close, look at all bidders , or high bidders, they are in code like pxxvv1 or whatever so this wont happen any more.

i also get e-mails that appear to be from pay-pal or e-bay or even my bank asking for account "update" information,if i am dumb enough to actually respond and give them my account info,who is the dummy??

bill

· Registered
255 Posts
I have baught and sold many firearms on Gunbroker and the bad situations are far out weighted by the good. I think they run a fair deal and they work at it. As in all things there are those who are not as honest as they should be and who have no ethics at all. But beng involved as I have for several years I would not see a condemnation of Gunbroker as a whole. As in all things it only takes a few bad apples.!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.