Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GUNBROKER PURCHASE GONE BAD

6K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  gncc600 
#1 ·
Purchased a gun on Gunbroker and when I picked it up it had a number of issues. None of the issues were in the item description. Contacted the seller and told him I wanted to return the gun because of the issues. The seller would not accept the gun back. Told the seller I would have to give him a negative feedback on Gunbroker and post the problem on Trapshooters.com. Didn't seem to bother him.
Gunbroker id: Babyrock
Sellers Name: Steve Jones
Business: River Rock Pawn
Marsing, Idaho 83639

So, If you do any business with them, BEWARE they won't stand behind their product.
Thanks
Ed Chrisman

#6 ·
How about the guy on Guns Ameruca that told me he was selling me a K-80 Super Scroll for $3200. Hey,OK,great. He said send money,FFL to such & such. I said,send me a phone # so I can call & make arrangements to pick up. I will hand you a postal money order & FFL & take the gun with. No pick-ups!!!! OOOOOO---KAY. He also on GA,offered a friend of mine a Model 21 20 ga for $1820
Watch out for a guy as follows.
Larry Walt
1555N. Treasure Dr #553
North Bay Village,FL 33141(Miami area)
Also:AntiqueStocks;flgunexchgeinc@aol.com;collectionsantique@rocketmail.com
Phone #'s 309 214-2217 775 908-5548

#7 ·
Thanks for the HEAD's UP....must be some kind of recourse.River Rock "PAWN" woulda kinda tipped me off though.I think trapshooters.com should police these guys.....say, 10-20 of us that live in/or close to Marsing,Idaho go pay Mr. Pawn a visit ! I live in Ohio , but, if he were 20 miles away I'd join.

#8 ·
I live pretty close ( 38 miles) but I shoot at marsing every other week. Let me know Ed if I can help. I will ask about him at the club. I personally dont know him. I too saw the gun and I did not bid for one reason. Marsing has a lot of low lifes and I was leary.

#9 ·
Many good purchases on Gunbroker then one big bad one. Seller(an individual) would not take it back. Posted negative feedback but that doesn't get your money back. Going back to buying from reputable dealers or situations where I can actually see the gun in person before buying.

#12 ·
Boy, I've been lucky. No bad deals yet, TS.com, Gunbroker and Gunsamerica.

Last purchase was on Gunbroker, a Para Ordnance Slim Hawg from new user, no ratings. Name "hearsedriver," changed to protect the innocent, most likely EMT. Got a good price, heard from him right away, then silence and no email for 3-4 days. Then he said he got the check, gun was shipped. Then silence for 3-4 days, no tracking number. Numerous requests for tracking number not answered. A week later my FFL called and had been out of town for a week, gun was picked up before the trip but just sat there.

I'm flexible with my FFL, so no blame there, yet.

Turns out the seller is inexperienced and most likely didn't know what to do to keep the buyer happy during the transaction.

Do I "ding" him on the feedback, give him a chance to learn what to do before I "ding" him, or chalk it up to experience? He has nothing else listed for sale.

By the way, the gun is as advertised, and I got a very good deal on it.

Danny

#13 ·
What can you "ding"him on? By your own admission he did everthing he was supposed to do and you recieved what you paid for.
Seems to me that if you are going to forgive your FFl for not calling you, you should do the same to the seller.
Who knows why he didn't respond, maybe saw that it was delivered? Out of town? maybe just not a chatty feller?
I do understand your anxiety though when sending payment to an unknown seller, Guy likes to know whats going on.

NO Harm No Foul
Brad Metcalf

#14 ·
Brad,

I only partially agree with your assessment. Here are the feedback choices on Gunbroker.

A+ Transaction was handled in a totally professional fashion
A Transaction was handled pretty well
B Minor problems with transaction

My assessment is that the transaction was an "A." Totally professional sellers answer emails promptly, and provide tracking numbers so buyers can determine when delivery is made.

Had I been able to determine delivery time, I might have been able to get the deal done with my FFL before he went out of town for a week. Without tracking information, I was lost in space.

I wouldn't go as far as "B," but feel the transaction was below "A+."

I considered telling him what buyers expected in such a transaction, and giving him a chance to respond with the upgrade to A+. But I think this was a one-time deal for him.

I am open to suggestions, as I don't want to be unfair.

Danny, Not Solomon.

#15 ·
About 3 months ago I was high bidder on a Remington 1187. The ad said the gun came from a estate sale and appeared to have never been fired. So the gun shows up I open the box and first off the fore end is cracked. The picture in the ad showed the fore end but the picture stopped right at the crack. Then I look inside, hell the guy never even bothered to clean it, the gas system was full of residue and the barrel full of plastic. I called the guy, he gave me some story he was selling it for someone else and they described it.Then he says send the gun back and I'll send your money back, I'm like thats a little ass backwards, then you'll have my money and the gun. Be careful

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.