Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have a Parrot Vise on my work bench that is very useful for multiple jobs. I use soft jaws for holding gun barrels. 7E798FF3-E021-47B1-B2AD-5A4FD1437B65.jpeg B16A1551-47A2-441D-B5E7-F2A9CEC754AE.jpeg

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a Tiptons Best Gun Vise. It works very well for cleaning and general maintenance on shotguns, rifles and even handguns. Mostly plastic so it’s not designed for heavy duty gunsmithing but I’ve used it for light gunsmithing when you just need something to hold the gun so you can take it apart with some light tapping or turning out screws, mounting scopes and the like. Also has some molded in trays for parts.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a Tiptons Best Gun Vise. It works very well for cleaning and general maintenance on shotguns, rifles and even handguns. Mostly plastic so it’s not designed for heavy duty gunsmithing but I’ve used it for light gunsmithing when you just need something to hold the gun so you can take it apart with some light tapping or turning out screws, mounting scopes and the like. Also has some molded in trays for parts.
I have had several gun vises and the Tipton, which I now have is a very good one for the hobby gun owner. Last year I built up a medium heavy barreled rifle with one, including lapping the scope rings and it did everything I needed. Occasionally I have bungy corded it to the workbench, but I haven't yet needed it for anything it can't do.

Just my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts